Since joining the firm in 2007, Meg has concentrated her practice in business litigation, attorney ethics, appeals, property tax appeals, construction law and media law. Meg was recognized by the Indiana Lawyer as an "Up and Coming Lawyer" in 2012. She serves on the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Women in the Law Division Executive Committee and the Bar Leader Series Steering Committee. She is also involved with several community and political organizations and served on the board of directors of Trusted Mentors, Inc., an organization that provides mentoring to individuals at risk of homelessness, from 2007-2013, serving as board chair from 2010-2013. Meg attended Mickey’s Camp for Women, a charity event which benefits not-for-profit organizations, in 2009 and 2013.
Meg is Spanish language proficient and served as a member of the United Nations Election Protection Delegation, monitoring the polls in El Salvador’s 2004 National Election. Meg is the chair of the Bingham Greenebaum Doll Women’s Forum Speaking Series Committee and a member of the Diversified Business Solutions team.
Some of Meg’s more recent presentations and publications include: "Questions to Ask About Your Estate Plan and Business Succession After Divorce," (Indiana Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association, October 2013; Michael Kohlhaas, co-author); “At the Intersection of Family Law & Estate Planning” (The Indiana Lawyer, November 6, 2013); and “Responsibilities of the ‘Off-Duty’ Lawyer: Are you playing by the rules?” (AFCC Conference, November 22, 2013).
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Go Green Committee (2009-2010); Women and the Law Division Executive Committee (2011-present); Bar Leader Series Class X Steering Committee
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Constitution Society
- Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors Association, Associate Member
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Women’s Fund of Central Indiana, OPTIONS Class member, 2014
- Trusted Mentors, Inc., President, 2010-2012; Member, 2007-present
Honors & Awards
- College Mentor For Kids Inspire Award Winner, Accounting, Legal and Finance Category, 2014
- Indiana Lawyer Leadership in Law program - Up and Coming Lawyer, 2012
- Selected for inclusion in the Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2012-2013
- Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Leader Series, Class VIII
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Jump Scholarship
- National Telecommunications Moot Court Competition, Coach
Representative Cases & Achievements
- State of Indiana Ex. Rel. Indiana State Bar Association v. United Financial Systems Corporation, Inc. et al., 926 N.E.2d 8 (Ind. 2010) (Enforcement of rule against the unauthorized practice of law)
- Lake County Assessor v. BP Products North America, Inc., 2010 Ind. Tax LEXIS 25 (Appeal of increased personal property tax assessment)
- CanaRx Services, Inc. v. LIN Television Corporation, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 42236 (S.D. Ind.) (Defense of defamation claim)