The attorneys of Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP have experience in helping companies achieve their goals of taking biotechnology from science to business. Our attorneys have assisted companies involved in biotechnology, bio-engineering, agrotechnology, equine technology and other life sciences.
Following are specific matters that have been handled by our attorneys:
- Drafting patent applications relating to new treatment methods and combinations of drugs.
- Advised a public university on intellectual property issues related to the creation of a joint public/private venture intended to commercialize biomedical innovations conceived by university hospital clinicians and nurses.
- Assisted clients in finding and obtaining grants to pay for research and legal expenses.
- Transition and regulatory advice for a shared use startup medical laboratory.
- Advised public/private joint venture of health care companies regarding creation of structure and a life sciences business incubator.
- Raising of capital
- Addressing HIPAA privacy and security regulations
- Providing counsel regarding Toxic Substances Control Act issues
Our life sciences attorneys practice in the following areas of law: corporate and commercial, patents (electrical, chemical, mechanical, biological), trademarks, copyrights, securities, environmental, licensing, litigation, real estate, healthcare, insurance, e-commerce, international, product liability defense, medical malpractice defense, mergers and acquisitions.