BGD's Recruiting Committee
Melissa Norman Bork and Margaret (“Meg”) Christensen have been selected as Co-Chairs of the firm’s Recruiting Committee. Together they spearhead recruitment efforts for new associates and lateral hires in all BGD offices. In addition to Melissa and Meg, the committee includes eight attorneys and a representative from the Legal Talent team. Click here to learn more about our talented recruiting leaders.
BGD's Diversity Scholars Program
Bingham Greenebaum Doll is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful, and open culture made up of talented individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to sustain a work environment in which each individual’s perspective, background, skills, and abilities are valued. To achieve this mission, Bingham Greenebaum Doll is committed to hiring, retaining, and developing a diverse team of employees that reflect the various communities in which we work. We strive to create a climate of inclusion, grow our talent pool, and foster innovation and creativity.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity, we are pleased to offer the Bingham Greenebaum Doll Diversity Scholars Program. Participant candidates must be first-year law students who demonstrate a commitment to contributing meaningfully to the diversity and inclusion goals of Bingham Greenebaum Doll and the legal profession. The Scholars Program participant(s) will have a paid position in the firm’s summer associate program in the Indianapolis and/or Louisville Office. At the completion of a successful first summer, including receipt and acceptance of an offer to return to the firm for a second summer, Scholars Program participants will receive $5,000. In addition, Scholars Program participants who return for a second summer will receive $5,000 at the completion of a successful second summer, including receipt and acceptance of an offer to join the firm as an entry-level associate.
- Must be enrolled and in good standing as a first-year law student at an ABA accredited law school.
- Possess a record of academic achievement that demonstrates great promise for a successful legal career.
- Applicants should want to be part of a talented and driven team, possess a high level of work intensity and value practicing law in a highly focused but collegial setting.
- Factors considered in the selection of scholarship recipients include demonstrated leadership ability, excellent writing and interpersonal skills, and academic achievement.
- Applicants must be committed to contributing meaningfully to diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
- Eligible Applicants Must Submit the Following Materials:
- Cover letter stating why or how your background and personal attributes or characteristics will contribute to the diversity goals of Bingham Greenebaum Doll and the legal profession.
- Cover letter should state office of interest, Indianapolis or Louisville. Please include why you are interested in the Indianapolis or Louisville legal market.
- Current resume including law school and undergraduate GPAs.
- Application materials must be received by Monday, January 20, 2020 (if all law school grades are not received by the deadline date, please submit available grades and the remainder of grades can be submitted as they are received).
- Email application materials to: Shannon Williams; Chief Legal Talent Officer, email@example.com
BGD's Summer Associate Program
At Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP, summer associates have the chance to meet influential people in the communities we serve, and to be exposed to a variety of work assignments in many of our practice areas. We provide the opportunity to become involved directly in interesting and challenging legal work covering different areas of the law early in a legal career.
Our summer program is designed to give summer associates a realistic view of the firm's practices. As a summer associate, you will work closely with colleagues in the firm's various areas of practice, receive continuous feedback and, as often as possible, have the opportunity to consult with clients and to attend trials, hearings, oral arguments, negotiating sessions and closings.
Each summer associate is assigned a partner and an associate mentor. Additional, informal opportunities for mentoring include involvement with our affinity groups, like LCLD and the BGD Women’s Forum.
We help summer associates do their best work by providing continuous and constructive feedback. We work with each associate to review their individual and team goals, and to identify methods for improvement to help achieve those goals.
Relationships matter at BGD, and our summer program encourages each class to build and strengthen relationships throughout our firm. We know that our best ideas will take a team effort to implement. We take time to build and strengthen our interpersonal relationships because we know that strong teams have the grit and the agility to pursue creative and innovative practices. As a summer associate, you can expect to share experiences with the BGD team at cultural and athletic events in the communities we serve.
If you share our entrepreneurial attitude and are driven to pursue excellence through creative and innovative practices that will meet our clients’ needs today and tomorrow, then we want to hear from you. We are committed to attracting highly motivated and talented individuals for our summer associate program, each with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We seek candidates who share our values and are excited about creating a career with BGD.
2020 Vault Rankings
The Firm is pleased to announce that we have been listed in national rankings by Vault, one of the top three online resources candidates utilize when conducting research on law firms. Vault's annual rankings are based on exclusive insider information from thousands of verified employees in the legal industry. From the results of these surveys, Vault ranks the top law firms in prestige, diversity, quality of life, and overall best to work for. All rankings are based on associate responses to survey questions in a variety of categories. Click here to view Vault’s law firm rankings in the various areas.
For 2020, BGD is ranked in some key areas, especially for our outstanding Summer Associate Program. We ranked 39th overall for Best Summer Program, including 27th for Best Summer Program for Social Experience and 27th for Best Summer Program for Interactions with Attorneys. In addition, BGD ranked 21st for Best Law Firms for Individuals with Disabilities.