“Advanced Employment Law” National Business Institute Seminar
Trying to keep up with the intricate web of agencies governing employment law and the increasing number of legislative changes each year can be overwhelming for even the most experienced attorney or human resource director.
Join Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP attorneys Blaine R. Blood, V. Brandon McGrath and Kate B. Ward at the “Advanced Employment Law” National Business Institute Seminar on Sept. 18, 2015. This advanced level seminar will provide clear legal guidance for complying with employment laws and avoiding lawsuits.
Sessions topics will address:
- Reviewing the latest developments in state employment laws;
- Recognizing and avoiding liability landmines that lurk in employee investigations;
- Avoiding penalties and sanctions by properly classifying exempt and non-exempt employees;
- Safeguards against liability by making sure that FMLA, ADA and workers' compensation regulations are being followed;
- Knowing when it is in your best interest to settle a federal or state FMLA, ADA or workers' compensation claim;
- Learning practical strategies for responding to EEOC and state agency charges;
- Staying up to date on the latest NLRB decisions that affect both union and non-union employers; and
- Understanding what types of electronic discovery are allowed during the litigation process.
Blood will present two sessions during this one-day seminar. The first, “Creating Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) Compliance Strategies That Work,” will focus on determining an employee verses an independent contractor, how to conduct your internal wage and hour audit, when and how to handle back pay claims and much more. The second, “Responding to EEOC and State Agency Charges,” will address best practices, document and computer evidence retention and positon statements as potential evidence in litigation.
McGrath will close the seminar with “Preparing for Electronic Discovery in Litigation.” This session will discuss electronic discovery rules and litigation methods, practical information system policies and practices and more.
This seminar has been approved for 6.0 KY CLE credits and 6.0 OH CLE credits.
What: Advanced Employment Law
Where: Holiday Inn Cincinnati Eastgate
4501 Eastgate Boulevard
Cincinnati, OH 45245
When: September 18, 2015 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The National Business Institute is dedicated to providing practical, skill-based CLE seminars and online CLE courses that apply to daily work and the latest developments across the nation. From national webcasts to in-person seminars held across the country, they offer a full range of training formats.