Got Diversity? An Honest Look at the Many Faces of the Law
Gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, and political ideologies are among the things that make each of us unique. Diversity seeks to see those differences in a positive way, with a goal of achieving acceptance and respect for each individual. The quest to achieve diversity is a challenge many organizations have undertaken, including those within the legal community. While progress has been made, issues regarding diversity within the legal profession still need to be addressed. That is why the Louisville Black Lawyers Association and the Louisville Bar Association Diversity Committee have assembled an esteemed group of panelists to discuss, amongst other things, the following:
- How do you view diversity?
- Is diversity a revenue driver?
- Why or why not?
- What impact does diversity bring to the practice of law in your field?
- How should diversity play in the mentoring of young lawyers?
1.5 Kentucky CLE Ethics Credits (Pending)
- Mr. Colin Lindsay, Partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Ms. Enid Trucios-Haynes, Professor, Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville
- Mr. Wesley Ringo, Chief Compliance Officer, Hilliard Lyons LLC
- Ms. Jennifer Barber, Associate, Greenebaum Doll & McDonald PLCC
- Mr. Bobby Simpson, Senior Counsel, GE Appliances & Lighting
- Ms. Helen Njau, Legal Counsel, Humana
- Hon. Brian Edwards, Jefferson Circuit Court
- $45 LBA Members
- $65 Non-LBA Members
Pay during Registration or mail payment to:
Tanisha A. Hickerson
Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A.
9300 Shelbyville Road, Suite 400
Louisville, KY 40223
R.S.V.P. by November 1, 2011 to
Ph: (502) 257-5229
Louisville Bar Association
600 West Main Street
Louisville, Kentucky 40202