National Business Institute - Intro to Health Law: What Every Attorney Needs to Know
Learn the Fundamentals of Health Law That Every Attorney Should Know
Whether you practice in government, business or employment law or are simply interested in learning more as the legal issues unfold around health care reform, this course will impart the foundational health law knowledge you need to provide good counsel on health-related issues. Expert faculty will lead you through all of the hot spots - from the regulatory environment and health care reform implications to insurance reimbursement basics, patient privacy, quality of care and medical staff employment requirements. Register today and get up to speed on the ins and outs of this growing area of law.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of health care law basics - from regulatory and transactional issues to quality of care and employment requirements.
- Examine the current legal issues surrounding health care reform.
- Understand how medical care providers collect for the services provided and what specific rules apply when Medicare and/or Medicaid is the payor.
- Find out what renders a patient's informed consent for treatment/research invalid.
- Identify thorny health law issues for both general counsel and those in private practice.
- Review recent fraud and abuse prevention case law to ensure above-board dealings.
- Discover the full extent of HIPAA privacy regulations in the use and disclosure of medical records.
- More accurately assess whether the quality of care standard has been met in specific situations.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar offers a foundational overview of health care law for attorneys and other professionals with an interest in this area.
- Regulatory Environment Reimbursement and Related Issues
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention and Defense
- Contracts, Mergers, Internal Management and Bylaws
- Ethical Considerations
- Patients' Rights and Quality Care Related Issues
- Health Care Reform Update
Continuing Legal Education - 6.0 CLE
$339 First Registrant
$329 Each Additional
$319 New Professionals
(3 or fewer years of professional work experience)
For additional information, please click here.
Hilton Garden Inn Airport
2735 Crittenden Drive
Louisville, Kentucky 40209