National Business Institute's Believe It or Not Business Lawsuits
Are you looking for a course that differs from the standard CLE program yet still provides you with essential information applicable to your everyday practice? Look no further; this is it! Listen as experienced faculty walk you through case studies of notorious business lawsuits and review the details of each so you learn from their mistakes and achievements. You may never work on a famous or unusual case but you definitely can learn from them. Take a break from your routine and earn CLE credit at this unique seminar.
- Learn litigation techniques and strategies from famous cases that you can apply to your everyday casework
- Recognize how a guarantee can leave a business vulnerable for lawsuits.
- Review the Consumer Guarantees Act and know how to remain in compliance.
- Understand best practices for protecting intellectual property against theft and infringement.
- Accurately define “fair use” and utilize it to your client's advantage.
- Learn how to successfully prove causation in a product liability case.
- Confidently advise clients on compliance requirements in product and consumer regulations.
- Recognize when corporate officers or directors are not fulfilling their duties.
- Identify situations that typically trigger shareholder disputes, so you can proactively deal with them.
- Know how an inaccurate reference or accusation can lead to extensive and complicated lawsuits.
- Review the facts and details of news-worthy cases and take away the true intent of each.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level program is designed for attorneys who work on business-related cases.
- Business Guarantees: “In This World Nothing Can be Said to be Certain, Except Death and Taxes”
- Defamation, Slander and Libel
- Intellectual Property
- Product Liability
- Corporate Governance
- Ethical Considerations With Frivolous Lawsuits
Continuing Education Credits:
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00
For additional information and to register, please click here.
Fern Valley Hotel & Conference Center
2715 Fern Valley Road
Louisville, Kentucky 40213