Webinar | Sales and Use Tax Implications of M&A: Avoiding Costly Mistakes
Join Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP attorney Mark A. Loyd for an upcoming Strafford live webinar, “Sales and Use Tax Implications of M&A: Avoiding Costly Mistakes.” Mark will serve as a panelist for the live webinar, which will provide tax professionals with an overview of the most prevalent mistakes in sales and use tax compliance related to M&A transactions. In addition, the panel will be offering perspectives on other critical issues such as:
- Avoiding the most common sales and use tax mistakes related to M&A—and effective after-the-fact remedies.
- Assessing the impact of tax laws at the federal and state level and evaluating the need for additional tax filings.
- Correctly identifying assets and understanding when an affiliate transaction is considered a "sale."
- Dealing with nexus concerns and how structuring transactions as tax free under the IRC can void some state sales and use tax exemptions.
- Understanding relevant state casual sale exemptions or taxability that may differ from the company's home state rules.
After the presentations, the panel will engage in a live question and answer session with participants.
For more information or to register, visit Strafford’s website or call 1-800-926-7926 ext. 10, ask for Sales and Use Tax in M&A on 11/19/2013 and mention code ZDFCT.