Beth Williams to Receive High Honor from Miller College of Business
BGD’s Special Projects Coordinator Beth Williams has been selected to receive a Miller College of Business Award of Distinction for 2014. She will accept the award at the 11th annual Alumni Dinner at Ball State University on Friday, October 24, 2014.
In addition to the awards ceremony, James Wainscott, President and CEO of AK Steele, will be inducted in the Miller College Hall of Fame and will present the Keynote Address.
“It is such an honor to receive this award from my alma mater,” said Williams “I am a first generation college graduate and am truly thankful for the experience and education that I received at Ball State University. I have given back to my alma mater by volunteering for over 25 years. It is great to have an interactive role with entrepreneurship students and impact their ability to be successful in their post-graduate business careers.”
We would like to congratulate Beth on being recognized for her accomplishments and receiving such a distinguished award.
- 1978 Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Ball State
- 1986 MBA from State University of New York at Albany
- 1987 – Present -- Member of the Entrepreneurship Advisory Board at Ball State University
- This role includes mentoring and advising students of Ball State’s nationally-ranked entrepreneurship program, guest lecturing in the capstone course on New Venture Creation, and evaluating senior students’ business plans on an A or F basis days before their graduation
- 2003-2004 Named NASDAQ Executive Instructor for Distinguished Classroom Education
- 1987 – present -- Volunteer for Indiana Sports Corporation supported events
- Including the 1987 Pan Am Games, NCAA Final Fours, Big Ten basketball tournaments, World Police & Fire Games, the Super Bowl, the Senior PGA tournaments, RCA Tennis Tournaments and Solheim Cup.
- 2002 – one of many founding members of Discovery, a women’s giving group at Ball State
- Discovery has funded over $725,000 of projects, many with an immersive learning focus, since its initial grant cycle in 2003.
About the Award
Nominees of the Award of Distinction must be Miller College alumni and hold a position of distinction in business, government or academe and demonstrate outstanding success in their field. Nominees must also demonstrate loyalty to use, support of and leadership on behalf of Miller College and be a recognized civic leader.