Lineup for 20th Annual Bingham McHale Legislative Conference Announced
Bingham McHale LLP announced today that the 20th annual Bingham McHale Legislative Conference will be held on Thursday, December 15, 2011, at the Indianapolis Marriott hotel in downtown Indianapolis. During the conference, legislators, decision makers, thought leaders, policy analysts and government reporters from across the state will offer first-hand information regarding upcoming agendas, opportunities and opinions that will shape the 2012 legislative session.
In addition, the Ball State University Bowen Center for Public Affairs will unveil the results of the 2011 Hoosier Survey at the Bingham McHale Legislative Conference. The nonpartisan Hoosier Survey provides lawmakers with public opinion on the issues most important to Indiana residents. The 2010 survey found that job creation and government efficiency were Hoosiers’ top priorities.
The Bingham McHale Legislative Conference will also include insights and analysis on many of the issues being analyzed by the legislative summer study committees. The 2011 Bingham McHale Legislative Conference will cover following topics.
- Health Care: Parsing Federal Health Care Reform and Medicaid
- Higher Education: The Changing Game in a Changing Economy
- Gaming: Ill Winds Blow – All the Way to Ohio
- Labor Pains and Economic Gains: What’s Ahead for the Hoosier Workforce?
- K-12 Implementation: What to Expect from Reform – and What’s Next?
- State Finances: What’s Ahead in 2012?
- Tax Policy: Taxation in the New (and next) Economy
- Ethics: The Latest on Lobbying and Ethics Law and Policy
- Sentencing Policy: Finish this Sentence: Shorter terms or …?
- Legislative Districts: Who’s Who and Where?
- Indiana Public Pensions: Safe and Sustainable or a Ticking Time Bomb?
- Transportation: Getting the Wheels Turning
- Local Government Reform: Has the Time Come – or Has It Passed?
- Immigration and E-Verify
- Media Panel: Hoosier Politics 2012 – The Adventure Continues
Indiana stakeholders will not want to miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights into the issues facing Hoosiers in 2012. Registration for the Bingham McHale Legislative Conference, which includes continuing legal education credit, is available atwww.thelegislativeconference.com. Last year’s conference included 47 speakers and 282 attendees. Information on this year’s confirmed speakers, as well as a full conference agenda, can be found at www.thelegislativeconference.com.
Bingham McHale LLP is a multidisciplinary business law firm serving regional, national and international clients, with offices in Indianapolis, Jasper and Vincennes, Ind. Bingham McHale LLP attorneys were ranked first tier in Indianapolis in nine categories by The Best Lawyers in America 2010.
The Bingham McHale Legislative Conference, launched in 1992, is the longest-running annual event focused on Indiana policy. Held only weeks before the Indiana General Assembly convenes, the Bingham McHale Legislative Conference offers first-hand information from legislators, decision makers, thought leaders, policy analysts and government reporters on upcoming legislative issues. In addition, the Bingham McHale Legislative Conference offers continuing legal education credits for attorneys.