Louisville Magazine Names 26 BGD Attorneys to “Top Lawyers” 2016 List
Louisville Magazine has named 24 Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP attorneys to the publication’s annual “Top Lawyers” list. Responses from active members of the Louisville Bar Association were used to determine the 2016 list. Four of the firm’s attorneys received recognition in multiple categories: Christopher W. D. Jones, Mary G. Eaves, Benjamin J. Evans and Peter L. Thurman Jr.
In January, Louisville Magazine mailed a survey to all active LBA members who reside in Metro Louisville that asked to answer the question: “If you or a member of your family were in need of legal services, who among Louisville-area attorneys would you choose to provide services in the following practice categories?” The publication then tabulated the results in each service area category to arrive at the listings of “Top Lawyers” presented in the March 2016 issue of Louisville Magazine.
Once again this year, respondents listed the top lawyers in two separate divisions, “large” firms and “small/medium” (all other) firms; for the purposes of the “Top Lawyers” survey, “large” firms are defined as those having 50 or more local attorneys. Each lawyer receiving a first-place mention in the survey was awarded two points and second-place mentions received one point.
BGD was categorized in the very competitive “Large Firm” division, and the listed attorneys are as follows:
- John W. Ames – Bankruptcy Law
- Brent R. Baughman – Appellate Law
- Blaine R. Blood – Labor & Employment Law – Defense
- Claude R. Chip Bowles Jr. – Bankruptcy Law
- Robert L. Brown – International Trade/Finance Law
- John K. Bush – Antitrust & Trade Regulation Law
- Ross D. Cohen - Tax Law
- Bradley E. Dillon – Environmental Law
- James C. Eaves Jr. – Patent Law
- Mary G. Eaves – Employee Benefits Law; Retirement Benefits/Pension Law
- Benjamin J. Evans – Employee Benefits Law; Retirement Benefits/Pension Law
- J. Mark Grundy – Construction Law
- Barbara R. Hartung – Insurance Law
- Janet P. Jakubowicz – Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Ben Johnson II – Business/Commercial Law
- Christopher W. D. Jones – Corporate Law; Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- June N. King – Banking Law
- Mark A. Loyd - Tax Law
- Christie A. Moore – Criminal Defense Law – White-Collar
- Jesse A. Mudd – Divorce Law
- Melissa Norman Bork – Product Liability Law – Defense
- Raja J. Patil – Project Finance Law
- Tandy C. Patrick – Real Estate Law
- Kenji Tashiro – Immigration & Naturalization Law
- Peter L. Thurman Jr. – Healthcare Law; Insurance Law
- W. Plumer Wiseman Jr. – Ethics & Professional Responsibility Law
- John Ames
- Brent Baughman
- Blaine Blood
- Melissa Norman Bork
- Claude R. Chip Bowles Jr.
- Ross Cohen
- Mary Eaves
- James Eaves Jr.
- Benjamin Evans
- J. Mark Grundy
- Janet Jakubowicz
- Christopher Jones
- June King
- Mark Loyd
- Christie Moore
- Raja J. Patil
- Tandy Patrick
- Kenji Tashiro
- Peter Thurman Jr.
- W. Plumer Wiseman Jr.