Recent Indiana Rulemaking Actions
By Jennifer K. Thompson, Indianapolis Office
The Indiana Environmental Rules Board met on March 12, 2014, and passed the following air rulemaking actions with general application:
- Global Warming Potentials Table Update Emergency Rule, LSA #14-96(E), which updates the CO2e equivalent emissions calculations in 326 IAC 2-2-1(zz)(2)(A) and 326 IAC 2-7-1(40)(B)(i) with the 40 CFR Part 98, Subpart A, Table A-1 published in the Federal Register on Nov. 29, 2013. Effective March 13, 2014.
- Sulfur Dioxide Designations Emergency Rule, LSA #14-95(E), (first adopted October 2013 as LSA #14-95(E)), which temporarily amends 326 IAC 1-4-15, 326 IAC 1-4-50, 326 IAC 1-4-56, 326 IAC 1-4-64, and 326 IAC 1-4-85 to add the federal nonattainment designations for the 2010 Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) Primary Standard for Veale Township in Daviess County; Center Township, Perry Township, and Wayne Township in Marion County; Clay Township and Washington Township in Morgan County; Washington Township in Pike County; and Fayette Township and Harrison Township in Vigo County. Effective March 13, 2014.
- Expedited SO2 Designation Rule, LSA # 13-502, which adds the federal designations for the 2010 SO2 Primary Standard. To become effective 30 days after filing with the Secretary of State.
The following rulemakings previously adopted by the Indiana Environmental Rules Board also became effective in the first quarter of 2014:
- Sewage Sludge Incineration and Carbon Monoxide Monitoring Rule, LSA #13-215, which amends 326 IAC 3-5-1(b)(6) to allow a continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS) for carbon monoxide (CO) as an alternative to the total hydrocarbon (THC) monitoring. Effective Jan. 15, 2014.
- Agency Correction, LSA #14-18(AC), corrects typographical, clerical, or spelling errors in the following rules: 326 IAC 20-13.1-3(c)(3); 326 IAC 20-13.1-6(a); 326 IAC 20-13.1-10(f); and 326 IAC 20-13.1-14(e)(5). Effective Feb. 28, 2014.