Max is an attorney in the Firm's Litigation Department where he concentrates his practice on business litigation.
While in law school, Max clerked for the Honorable Judge Rebecca R. Pallmeyer on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and worked as a research assistant for Dean Alfred Aman on Administrative Law issues. Max also worked as an Associate for the Indiana Law Review in addition to serving as the Vice President of the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association and the Latino Law Student Association.
Max graduated magna cum laude from Indiana University with degrees in English and Mandarin Chinese and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Max is fluent in Mandarin and studied abroad in Peking University's LL.M (Master of Laws) program in Beijing.
- Merit Scholarship, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Glenn D. Peters Scholarship, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Dean’s Honors, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Spring 2016 -18 (Top 25% Class Rank)
- Kate Hevner Mueller Award of Leadership, Indiana University Bloomington
- Herman B. Wells Hudson & Holland Award, Indiana University Bloomington
- Hudson & Holland Scholarship, Indiana University Bloomington
- MacDowell Gilliam Scholarship, Indiana University Bloomington
- FBA John Weld Peck Trial Advocacy Award Winner
Indiana Latino Bar Association
Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Indiana
- U.S. Attorney's Office and Indiana University School of Law Re-Entry Job & Resource Fair, Pro-Bono
- St. Michael's Catholic Church Soup Kitchen Volunteer
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Best Buddies International, Community Volunteer
- Back on My Feet, Community Volunteer
Contributions & Published Works
- Legal Ethics: Attorney Fees and Client Funds
- The Top 10 Ethics Rules: A Summary of Recent Professional Liability Cases, 2017
- Legal Ethics for the Equine Attorney
- Administrative Law in the United States: The Domestication of Transnational Law
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Summer Clerk for Honorable Judge Rebecca R. Pallmeyer, May - August 2016
- Fulton County Circuit Court, Summer Clerk for Honorable Judge Christopher A. Lee, May - August 2015
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2018
Indiana University, B.A. English, magna cum laude, 2015; minor Chinese
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2019
- Chinese (Mandarin)