Aaron Marcus is an Associate in the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group where he represents employers in litigation before state and federal courts. Aaron has a broad array of experience in employment litigation defense, including cases involving claims of employment discrimination, retaliation, retaliatory discharge, harassment, state and federal wage and hour laws, The Americans with Disabilities Act, and violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Prior to joining BGD, Aaron spent several years as Corporate Counsel for a regional full-service wealth management and brokerage firm. He uses his in-house counsel experience to help advise clients on various employment law issues, and to review and revise employment related policies and procedures.
Aaron also handles a broad range of securities litigation issues. This includes representing financial institutions, registered representatives and investors in FINRA arbitrations and litigation.
Aaron is a former FINRA Series 7 licensed Registered Representative, demonstrating in part the skills he has developed for understanding and managing complex securities industry matters, as well as helping financial institutions and registered representatives navigate various FINRA and SEC investigations.
Aaron received his undergraduate degree from Howard University in Washington, D.C, in 2009. In 2014, he earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, where he was elected the Class of 2014 Most Outstanding Graduate by the law school faculty and staff. Prior to law school Aaron worked as a Senior Consultant with a global technology and strategy consulting firm.
In addition to representing clients, Aaron focuses his time on community engagement. He is currently serving as a board member and as Board Development Committee Co-Chair for Family and Children’s Place. Aaron also serves on the board of the St. George’s Scholar Institute. He is a member of the University of Louisville Law Alumni Council and is the former chair of the University of Louisville Law School Alumni Diversity Council.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder, Class of 2019
- University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, Class of 2014 Most Outstanding Graduate
- American Inn of Court, Associate
- Fund For the Arts, NeXt! Ambassador, September, 2016 – June, 2017
- J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC, Corporate Counsel
- Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.
- University of Louisville, School of Law Alumni Council, Member, July, 2015 - Present
- University of Louisville, School of Law, Diversity Alumni Council, Chair, July 2016 – June 2017
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Family & Children’s Place, Board Member, Board Development Committee Co-Chair, May, 2016 - Present
- St. George’ Scholar Institute, Board Member, February, 2016 - Present
- Featured in "Inside Two Diversity Initiatives at the Brandeis School of Law," Louisville Bar Briefs, February 2018
Howard University, Bachelor of Science in Psychology, May, 2009
University of Louisville School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
FINRA Series 7