Ali is an attorney in the Firm's Economic Development Department where she concentrates her practice on legislative lobbying, municipal law, government procurement and regulatory work. She also works in policy and regulatory compliance matters within the casino gaming and state lottery industries.
During law school, Ali was a member of the Moot Court Order of the Barristers, served as an appointed member of the Student Bar Association, a Representative to the Dean’s Student Advisory Board, President of The Federalist Society, and a member of the Dean’s List.
Prior to joining BGD, Ali served as Logistics Project Coordinator at Conexus Indiana, a not-for-profit entity, where she focused on the development and implementation of Roads and Transportation public policy initiatives. Ali directed the university-level workforce development program, which connects students in logistics and supply chain with Indiana-based industry executives in an effort to address the skills gap and keep trained logistics and manufacturing professionals in Indiana post-graduation.
Ali also served as a Legislative Assistant in the Indiana House of Representatives, where she provided policy assistance to three State Representatives: Representatives Holli Sullivan (Evansville), Hal Slager (Schererville), and Dave Wolkins (Wabash). While serving in the House, Ali covered the House Family, Children, and Human Affairs Committee, as well as all related policy areas, on behalf of the House Republican Caucus. Additionally, Ali served as the Caucus liaison to the Indiana Charter School Board during her time on staff, and was also deeply involved in many statewide education and school choice initiatives.
- The Federalist Society, Secretary, 2017 Student Organization of the Year, McKinney School of Law
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Conexus Indiana, Project Coordinator, 2015-2016
- Indiana House of Representatives, Legislative Assistant, Republican Caucus, 2014-2015
- Indiana Leadership Forum, Class of 2017
- Richard G. Lugar Excellence in Public Service Series, Class of 2018
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Greater Indianapolis Republican Women’s Club
- United Way of Central Indiana Read Up Program, Volunteer Mentor
Contributions & Published Works
- “The Future of Sports Betting In the States: A Gamble on Federalism and the Growth of the Gaming Industry,” Gaming Law Review, Vol. 22, No. 8, October 2018
- "Will Sports Betting Decision Open Door to More Virtual Sports Betting in the U.S.?," American Gaming Lawyer, Fall 2018
- Presenter, "How Gaming Legislation Impacts ALL Hoosier Communities," AIM Ideas Summit, French Lick, IN, October 4, 2018
- Panelist, "Sports Betting: Disruption Breeds Innovation," SportsUNITED, Indianapolis, August 22, 2018
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2018
Purdue University, B.S., Psychology, 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2018