Bri is the Co-Chair of the Business Litigation Practice Group, and she concentrates her practice in the litigation of business disputes of all kinds including: healthcare and ERISA litigation; intellectual property litigation; trust, estate and fiduciary litigation; and appellate litigation. Bri was recognized as an “Up and Coming Lawyer” award during The Indiana Lawyer’s 2013 Leadership in Law Awards and has constantly been recognized by her peers in the Indiana Super Lawyers list as a “Rising Star.”
Bri is a multi-time collegiate national champion in cycling and continues to race competitively at an elite level. She is also the chair of the Bingham Greenebaum Doll Women’s Forum Holiday Mart Committee.
Representative Cases and Achievements
- Samuel D. Pitman et al. v. SDP Manufacturing, Inc. et al., following a bench trial the Delaware Circuit Court granted judgment on all of Plaintiffs' claims in favor of BGD's clients in a closely-held corporation dispute involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, constructive fraud, and an accounting that included a claim for more than $14,000,000 in damages.
- Heritage Recycling, LLC v. Energy Creates Energy, LLC, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 148303 (S.D. Ind. 2014), the Southern District of Indiana entered final judgment on an Arbitration Award in the amount of $3,000,000.00 plus interest and also an award of all arbitration fees.
- Lear v. First Merchants Corporation, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 158177, (S.D. Ind. 2013), utilized the Federal Arbitration Act and underlying customer account agreement to defuse federal class action claims concerning overdraft fees asserted against financial institution client.
- Cook v. Deaconess Heath Sys., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 41864 (S.D. Ind. 2013), obtained summary judgment on the grounds that an insurer’s denial of coverage for a second gastric bypass surgery was not arbitrary or capricious.
- Smith v. Dermatology Assocs. of Fort Wayne, P.C., 977 N.E.2d 1 (Ind. Ct. App. 2012) ,the Indiana Court of Appeals affirmed the trial court’s conclusion that plaintiffs failed to meet their burden of establishing that defendant dermatology clinic breached its duty of care.
- The Sportsman’s Guide Inc. v. The Havana National Bank, et al., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 103580 (C.D. Ill. 2012), obtained an award of attorneys’ fees and costs and successfully absolved national retailer of sporting goods of liability sought by a bank and multiple competing suppliers of goods.
- Richard R. and J. Randall Waterfield v. The Trust Company of Oxford and Julie R. Waterfield, 960 N.E.2d 800 (Indiana Ct. App. 2011), the Indiana Court of Appeals upheld the trial court’s entry of summary judgment in favor of the trust company because claims of breach of fiduciary duty and breach of trust were time barred.
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts® 40 Under Forty Honoree, 2017
- The Indiana Lawyer Leadership in Law Awards - Up and Coming Lawyer, 2013
- Selected for inclusion in the Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2010-2017
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, Bar Leader Series, Class IX
- IU School of Law: Order of the Barristers, 2005 – 2007; Chief of the Moot Court Board, 2006-2007
- ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition: Best Advocate Award, 2006
- IU Indianapolis “Amazing Student” Award, 2006
- National Collegiate Cycling Association: National Champion, 2006
- IU Little 500: Hall of Fame, 2004
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association, Board of Governors, Indiana Chair of Committee on Annual Meeting (2016-2017)
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, Board of Directors (2015-Present)
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, Evening Under the Stars Committee Co-Chair (2014)
- Street Law Program (2010-2013)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, Business Litigation Section Executive Committee (2009-2012)
- Indianapolis American Inn of Court (2009-2012)
- Federal Mediation and Civil Trial Assistance Programs
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- First Internet Bank Elite Cycling Team (2013-Present)
- YMCA Athenaeum/Bike Hub Center Advisory Board (2011-2015)
- Racing for Riley Elite Cycling Team (2009 – 2012)
- Juvenile Justice Task Force (2009-2011)
- Central Indiana Bicycle Association (2000 – present)
- Major Taylor Action Committee (2006 – 2007)
Contributions & Published Works
- "Everything you need to know, you learn during your first trial..." Indiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Network Newsletter, Winter 2012; Meg Christensen, co-author
- Not Just for Young Lawyers: Attorneys Meg Christensen and Bri Clark offer colleagues ‘first trial’ advice05.02.2012
- Two Partners Named as 2017 National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts® 40 Under Forty Honorees08.22.2017
- BGD Partners Brian Welch and Bri Clark Discuss Upcoming 7th Circuit Bar Association Annual Meeting in Indianapolis04.21.2017
- Persistence and determination on behalf of a commercial recycling client resulted in a complete victory09.16.2015
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll Named “Kentucky Mid-Market Business Law Firm of the Year” at ACQ Global Awards 201506.18.2015
- BGD Attorneys Elected to 2015 Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation Board of Directors and Executive Committee Section03.02.2015
WFYI Community Room
1630 N. Meridian St.
Indiana University Kelley School of Business, B.S., Business and Marketing, 2004
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2007
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2007
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2007
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit