Brittany Van Winkle is a member of the firm’s Corporate Services Department where she advises and represents clients in matters involving businesses and corporations, estate planning, and litigation.
Prior to joining BGD, Brittany served the Indiana Department of Child Services as the sole attorney for Dubois County, where she handled a high volume of successful cases and trials.
Brittany was formerly the owner/sole attorney of Brockman Law Firm, where she focused her practice in wills, trusts, estates, contracts, business and corporate law, employer compliance, landlord-tenant disputes, bankruptcy defense and personal injury.
She also served as an intern for the Steven C. Bradley Law Office, where she completed projects involving estate planning, elder law, insurance, construction, landlord-tenant disputes, corporations, partnerships, lien removal, tax, real estate, employee theft/fraud, and administrative law.
Brittany earned her J.D. from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law and her undergraduate from Indiana University. As a law student, she worked as an intern for the IU McKinney School of Law Disability Clinic. She completed an advanced research comment on constitutional law issues related to animal welfare and a supervised research comment on constitutional law issues related to infant healthcare decision making. She also completed research projects on wills, trusts, and testamentary capacity, international human rights, and legal aid for domestic violence victims. As an undergraduate, she completed projects on generational party identification and voting patterns, child abuse and mental health, and legal and natural rights of unborn children. She also worked as an intern for the Indiana State Senate, where she read bills in front of the Senate body and completed projects for Senators and the Secretary of the Senate.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Dubois County Bar Association
- National Association of Professional Women, Member
- Jasper Indiana Common Council Candidate, 2015
- The Federalist Society, Member, 2009 – 2013
- Dubois County Estate Planning Council, Member
- Dubois County Bar Association, Vice-President, 2014 - 2015
- Phi Alpha Delta, Member, 2009-2013
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Women Empowering Women, Member
- Monroe County Humane Association Run for the Animals, 2009
- Monroe County Special Olympics Bowling Coach, 2008
- Dubois County Relay for Life, 2005
- Perry County Special Olympics Volunteer 2002, 2005
Contributions & Published Works
- “Salary and Work Ethic,” Voice of the Future, Elder & Leemaur Publishers, 2008