Cullen is an attorney in the Firm's Economic Development Department where he concentrates his practice in the areas of government services and public finance law.
Prior to joining BGD, Cullen worked as Senior Legal Counsel at the Indiana Finance Authority in Indianapolis, where he managed the IFA’s conduit bond program and continuing disclosure procedures. He played a key role on several IFA public-private partnerships, directed the IFA’s legislative agenda and managed their transactional documents.
Cullen earned his J.D. from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2014. During law school, he clerked for Ice Miller, LLP in Indianapolis, where he assisted business clients regulated by federal state and municipal law, and wrote several policy agendas to provide clients an update on legislative progress and future goals. He earned Dean’s List recognition in the fall 2013 and spring 2014 semesters and was a Merit Award Scholarship recipient.
Cullen earned his Bachelor of Science in Business-Financial Services from Indiana State University in 2011, where he graduated magna cum laude.
Representative Cases and Achievements
- Operational oversight of the Indiana Toll Road and Ohio River Bridge-East End Crossing, Indiana Finance Authority
- Direction of IFA legislative agenda: spear-headed complete recodification of existing IFA statutes (HEA 1374-2018)
- Dean’s List, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Fall 2013 & Spring 2014
- Merit Award Scholarship, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Presidential and Rural Health Scholarship, Indiana State University
- Indiana Finance Authority, 2014-2018
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State University, B.S., Business-Financial Services, magna cum laude, 2011
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law J.D., 2014