Dave Tittle is a partner at Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP in the Litigation Department. His main practice areas are commercial litigation, business disputes, financial institutions, toxic tort, class actions, and professional (legal) liability in federal and state courts. He also serves as an arbitrator and mediator in commercial disputes, and handles selected plaintiffs litigation.
Dave has been selected by peer vote as among the top 10 attorneys in Indiana (2009), the Top 30 Commercial Litigation Lawyers in Indiana (Benchmark Litigation, 2019), The Best Lawyers in America® (commercial litigation, 2006-2016) and The Top 12 lawyers in general commercial litigation in Indiana by Chambers & Partners USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Dave was selected as the 2014-2015 Indianapolis "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in the area of Legal Malpractice Defense. According to the Chambers survey, "Dave is one of the pillars of the firm’s litigation practice" (Chambers 2010). Bingham Greenebaum Doll’s commercial litigation practice group is ranked among the top five in Indiana by Chambers.
By invitation, Dave was elected as a Fellow in The American College of Trial Lawyers and has served on the ACTL State Committee for several years. He served as the ACTL Indiana State Chairman from 2010-2012.
Dave graduated from Indiana University Kelly School of Business and received his law degree from Indiana University Maurer School of Law, cum laude, where he was a member of the Indiana Law Journal. He has served as a member of the Firm’s Management Committee and has been chairman and a member of the Firm’s Professional Responsibility Committee. He has also served as a member of the Finance and Recruiting Committees. He is an appointed member of the Indiana Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness for Admission to the Bar of Indiana.
Representative Cases and Achievements
- Representation of financial institution in securities class action case (enforcement of Private Securities Class Action Reform Act). 2013 U.S. DIST. LEXIS, 153917. Representation of financial institution in customer class action case (enforcement of arbitration agreement in account agreement). 2013 U.S. DIST. LEXIS 158177.
- Representation of national banking institution in multi-million dollar forged check and check kiting scheme
- Representation of board of directors of public company in federal government investigation and related contractual dispute (2009-2012)
- Representation of world-wide electronics manufacturer in multi-jurisdictional state and nationwide product warranty class actions and commercial litigation.
- Representation of Mayor and Capital Improvement Board in multi-jurisdictional damage, interpleader, and eminent domain litigation over transfer of NFL Baltimore Colts franchise to Indianapolis.
- Representation of art investors and commercial lenders in litigation with Government of Cyprus over ownership of 5th century religious mosaics, and related business transaction issues.
- Representation of national bank in litigation under UCC arising from multi-million dollar embezzlement scheme.
- Representation of holding co. in breach of contract and fraudulent asset transfer litigation arising from joint venture agreement.
- Indiana counsel for cigarette manufacturer in defense of various product liability trials, class action claims, and Attorney General and Union Welfare medicare reimbursement suits.
- Representation of Arizona-based lending institutions in class action suits involving defaulted government-guaranteed student loans. 125 F.R.D. 687 (N.D. Ind., 1989)
- Representation of electric utility in multi-million dollar contract dispute over long-term coal supply agreement.
- Representation of constructing company in multi-state breach of contract dispute) 640 N.E.2d 408 (Ind. App. 2 Dist., 1994)
- Representation of property insurer in Indianapolis Airport hotel damage case involving total destruction of motel as a result of aviation accident involving U.S. Air Force jet aircraft.
- Plaintiff v. Truck Company - Representation of plaintiffs in multi-death and personal injury cases arising out of highway trucking accident
- Representation of attorney in legal malpractice claim arising from attorney’s representation of wife in multi-million dollar divorce, related property settlement, and pre-nuptial agreement.
- United States Navy v. Naval enlistee - Representation of Naval personnel in military court martial trial
- The Best Lawyers in America® Indianapolis Bet-the-Company Litigation "Lawyer of the Year", 2020
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2014-2020, in the fields of Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants; Litigation - Banking and Finance; Mediation
- Recognized in Benchmark Litigation as a “Local Litigation Star,” 2018-2019
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers® in the field of Business Litigation, 2004-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rating
- The Best Lawyers in America® Indianapolis Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants "Lawyer of the Year", 2014-2015
- Chambers USA, Leading Commercial Litigation Lawyers, Business Litigation
- Benchmark Litigation (Commercial Litigation)
- Indianapolis Monthly Magazine, Top 1% of Lawyers in Indiana
- American Inns of Court, Master
- Indiana Defense Trial Counsel, Diplomat
- Sagamore of the Wabash Award (Gov. Robert Orr)
- American College of Trial Lawyers; Indiana State Committee, Vice-Chair 2008 - 2010, Chair 2010 - 2012
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, past president
- American Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Admission
- Federal Circuit Bar Admission
- Fifth Circuit Bar Admission
- Federal Bar Association
- Southern District of Indiana Bar Admission
- Northern District of Indiana Bar Admission
- Northern District of Illinois Bar Admission
- Eastern District of Michigan Bar Admission
- Southern District of Texas Bar Admission
- Indiana Supreme Court, Character & Fitness Committee, 1998 - present
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law Alumni Board, 2000 - 2011
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Litigation Section Executive Committee, 2006 - 2009; Professionalism Committee, 2012 - 2013
- Practitioner In Residence, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Spring 2013
- NITA Trial Advocacy Instructor
- Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Docent, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indian and Western Art
- Volunteer, American Heart Association
- Volunteer, St. Margaret’s Hospital Guild
- Volunteer, Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Class Agent, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
Contributions & Published Works
- "BGD: ‘Disclosure-only’ bank merger lawsuits and Indiana’s solution." By David O. Tittle and Jessica Whelan, The Indiana Lawyer, June 28, 2017
- Numerous Indiana Continuing Legal Education articles (Class Actions, Complex Litigation, Professional Responsibility)
- Indianapolis Bar Association articles
- Indiana State Bar Association articles
- Eleven Bingham Greenebaum Doll Attorneys Named 2018 "Lawyers of the Year" in the 24th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©08.15.2017
- Chambers USA 2017, 06.08.2017
- Eight BGD Attorneys Named 2017 “Lawyers of the Year” in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©08.15.2016
Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP Indianapolis Office
2700 Market Tower
10 West Market Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Indiana University, B.S., Business
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
Indiana Supreme Court
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court, E.D. Michigan
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Registered and Certified Civil Mediator