Janeia is an attorney in the Firm's Business Services Department.
Prior to law school, Janeia worked for the Hartford Insurance Group as a claims adjuster, speaking with customers and claimants to obtain evidence to critically finalize liability decisions. She also worked for the Department of Child Services as a family case manager, advocating for clients and presenting evidence in court to justify decisions established by the Department of Child Services in order to sustain a safe environment for families.
While in law school, Janeia was a member of the American Bar Association and Black Law Student Association. She was also a member of the Deans Tutorial Society and the Indiana Law Review.
Janeia earned her degree in psychology from IUPUI, where she was a member of the Black Student Union and National Association of Black Journalists.
- Hartford Insurance Group, Claims Adjuster, 2014-2015
- Department of Child Services, Family Case Manager, 2013-2014
- President/Co-Founder, Second Chance Re-Entry Assistance Program
- Diversity Representative, Deans Advisory Board
- Volunteer, Girl Talk Inc.
- American Bar Association, Student Member
- Black Law Student Association
- Phi Delta Phi
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Stephen Collins Foster School 67
- New Direction Christian Church