Jenny is an associate in the Louisville office and a member of the Corporate Services Department. Jenny focuses her practice on corporate governance, finance, franchising, and general contract and business law. Prior to joining BGD, Jenny worked as an associate at Dinsmore & Shohl handling commercial litigation and employment law matters. Jenny also worked as a summer associate at Yum! Brands where she drafted correspondence to the EEOC and developed a pilot program to allow team members of KFC to earn college credit for their restaurant training. Additionally, Jenny spent a summer as an associate at Lexmark International Inc., where she introduced a lactation policy that complies with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Jenny is a graduate of Washington University in St. Louis School of Law where she earned her J.D. and a certificate in business law while serving as a Staff Editor for the Washington University Jurisprudence Review. Jenny simultaneously earned her MBA at Washington University Olin School of Business where she focused her studies in corporate management.
As a law student, Jenny served as treasurer of the Black Law Students Association in 2014, balancing the organization’s budget and ensuring that all expenditures complied with applicable regulations. Jenny also served as an investigator on the Washington University Honor Council where she worked to uphold university and ABA ethical standards by investigating alleged violations.
As an undergraduate at Northwestern University, Jenny spent a semester in New York City working in the press and communication departments for the William J. Clinton Foundation.
Outside of her legal career, Jenny is an avid traveler and has taken more than 20 international trips. She also volunteers for the Legal Aid Society in providing pro bono representation to victims of domestic violence.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – UCC Article 2
- Scholar in Law Award
- Washington University School of Law Dean’s List
- Northwestern University Dean’s List
- Litigation Associate, Dinsmore & Shohl, Summer 2014; 2016-2017
- Summer Associate, KFC, 2015
- Summer Associate, Lexmark, 2013
- Intern, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law Center on Wrongful Convictions, 2008
- Worked to exonerate wrongfully convicted inmates and reform the criminal justice system by advocating for sentencing policy changes
- Member, Louisville Bar Association Public Service Committee
- Member, Legal Aid Society
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Washington University, Olin School of Business (M.B.A., 2016)
- Northwestern University (B.A., 2012)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Western District of Kentucky
- Eastern District of Kentucky