Jeremy is a member of the firm’s Corporate Services Department and Healthcare and Insurance Team where he focuses on healthcare transactions, privacy, and regulatory compliance. He has experience in advising clients on general business matters, including: entity formation and structure, corporate governance, shareholder rights and protection, risk management, services contracting, and growth and financing strategies.
As a member of the Healthcare and Insurance Team, Jeremy provides counsel on regulatory and business issues, including: HIPAA Privacy and Security, health IT agreements, data breach response (health information or otherwise), Stark Law and anti-kickback issues, state and federal prescribing rules and controlled substance regulations, professional and administrative services agreements, corporate practice of medicine doctrine, telemedicine structure and delivery, employer health and wellness services, ACO structure and compliance, Medicare and Medicaid regulations, payor contracting, and CLIA certification and lab compliance.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeremy gained experience as a legal clerk for a data protection and privacy firm providing services to a variety of entities including Fortune 500 companies and international corporations in both the United States and European Union. Jeremy also brings unique compliance and transactional experience from working in-house for a third-party medical billing company, large hospital system, and physician group.
Jeremy earned his undergraduate degree from Indiana University. He earned his J.D. with a Graduate Certificate in Health Law from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2014.
- CALI Future Excellence Award for Professional Responsibility
- "Inn of the Year" for Phi Delta Phi
- Dean's List
- American Health Network, Legal Extern, 2014
- IU Health, Legal Extern, 2013
- Zotec Partners, LLC, Legal Compliance Intern, 2013
- Park Legal, LLC, Legal Clerk, 2010-2012
- Indiana University Student Academic Center, Supplemental Instructor, 2009-2011
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Province President, The International Legal Honor Society of Phi Delta Phi
- Penrod Society, Member
- IndyBar Ask a Lawyer
- Christian Communicators of America, Debate Tournament Guest Judge
- OrthoIndy Hospital, Volunteer
- "Health Records/HIPAA/Family Law," Family Law Intersects: HIPAA, Ethics, Estate Planning Indiana Lawyer CLE, December 7, 2016
- "Contract Drafting and Cyber Liability Insurance," Association of Corporate Counsel, November 2015
- "Data (in)Security," Association of Corporate Counsel, November 2014
Indiana University, B.S. Biology, Liberal Arts and Management Program (LAMP), 2011
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2014