Jesse is a member of the Litigation Department. His practice includes the litigation of a wide variety of complex business and commercial litigation matters, including those involving class actions, premises liability, retail personal injury, products liability, toxic torts, construction disputes, contract disputes and employment law.
Jesse also has experience in the litigation of family law matters, including the settlement of divorce proceedings, custody disputes, preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and courtroom advocacy.
Representative Cases and Achievements
- Defended a longtime corporate client of Bingham Greenebaum Doll against premises liability claims that went to jury trials in two separate lawsuits. Handled all aspects of the trials and obtained favorable jury verdicts in both cases.
- Actively participated in an arbitration hearing with the American Arbitration Association in which Bingham Greenebaum Doll defended a corporate client against a breach of contract claim relating to the termination for cause of the client’s President and Chief Executive Officer. Participation at the hearing included the examination of the client’s Chief Financial Officer and the managing partner of the client’s outside auditor.
- Participated in the defense of a national tax resolution firm against a consumer class action and obtained a dismissal of the action, with prejudice, from the U. S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
- Represented a Texas manufacturer in a multi-million dollar contract dispute and assisted in securing a successful resolution by obtaining an Order from the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee transferring the foreign litigation to the client’s home state.
- Assisted in obtaining dismissals and other favorable resolutions on behalf of product manufacturers and premises owners in numerous asbestos exposure claims.
- Participated in the successful representation of a state university in an internal grievance proceeding relating to the non-renewal of a professor’s employment contract.
- Assisted in the defense of a landmark Kentucky hotel in a substantial premises liability action and obtained a favorable resolution just prior to trial.
- Participated in numerous dismissals of employment-related claims brought against a state agency, including successfully defending against all appeals of such dismissals.
- Participated in the successful representation of clients in the enforcement of their non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
- Co-authored a Petition for Writ of Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court.
- Obtained favorable and timely resolutions of divorce actions and other family law matters on behalf of numerous individual clients.
- Named to Louisville Magazine “Top Lawyers” List in the area of Divorce Law, 2016
- Recognized in the Kentucky Super Lawyers® lists, 2015-2016
- Recognized as one of the "Kentucky Rising Stars" in the Kentucky Super Lawyers® list, 2013-2014
- Named to Louisville Business First "Forty Under 40" List, 2014
- Named to 2013-2014 Kentucky Rising Stars List
- Nominee for the Kentucky Bar Association's 2010 Outstanding Young Lawyer Award
- Brandeis Law Journal - Senior Editor
- Book Awards - Civil Procedure I, Evidence
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Brandeis Society
- Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville
- Louisville Bar Association Litigation Section, Chair, 2009
- Louisville Bar Association Litigation Section, Vice-Chair, 2008
- Litigation Section named "Section of the Year" for 2008
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- St. Mary's Center, Inc., Board of Directors
- Wildwood Country Club, Board of Directors
- St. Mary's Center's Swashbucklers' Ball Fundraiser, Co-Chair, 2013
- St. Mary's Center's Annual Golf Scramble/Rock Drop Fundraiser, Co-Chair, 2010-present
- Trinity High School Annual Fund Committee
- Pro Se Divorce Clinic Volunteer
- Eastern High School Mock Trial Team Mentor, 2007-2008
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, Lector
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Kentuckiana, Attorney Bowl Participant and Organizer
Contributions & Published Works
- Co-Author, Kentucky Chapter, USLAW Retail Compendium of Law, 2014
- "Divorce in Kentucky: What to expect and best practices to follow during the divorce process," 2013
- "Right to Privacy v. Freedom of Speech: A Review and Analysis of Bartnicki v. Vopper," Volume 41-1 of Brandeis Law Journal, 2002
- Co-Author, Extraordinary Appellate Remedies Chapter, Kentucky Civil Practice After Trial, Third Edition
- Co-Author, Maintenance Chapter, Kentucky Domestic Relations Practice, First and Second Editions
- Greenebaum Attorneys Recognized for Leadership: Louisville Bar Association’s Annual Dinner Spotlights Four02.12.2009
Dollar General Headquarters
100 Mission Ridge
Goodlettsville, Tennessee 37072-217112.11.2008
- "Divorce: Income and Transfer Tax Implications," Estate Planning and Elder Law: Planning for the Before and After Sterling Education Services, Inc. CLE seminar, April 21, 2016
- USLAW Seminar relating to Medicare mandatory insurer reporting requirements and other premises liability topics, Nashville, Tennessee, 2008
- Question/Answer Session with high school students regarding the practice of law, Louisville Bar Association's Summer Law Institute, 2009
- Question/Answer Session at The Healing Place Men's Community regarding family law issues, 2009
University of Kentucky, B.A., Business Administration, 2000
University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
- Kentucky, 2003
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit