Juli provides counsel to clients on strategic planning, entity selection and formation, contract negotiation and drafting, and general business advisory matters.
With nearly a decade of prior litigation experience, Juli also brings valuable perspective when advising the firm’s corporate clients regarding litigation assessment and avoidance. Juli has represented clients in a wide variety of business and commercial matters, including claims involving product liability, consumer fraud, negligence, contract disputes, trade secrets, and an insurer's duty to defend and indemnify. She has litigated in federal and state courts, both trial and appellate, in Indiana and across the country. Juli also has experience with multidistrict litigation, consumer product class actions, mass torts, alternative dispute resolution (including AAA arbitration and mediation), and electronic discovery and information management.
Juli is involved in several state and local organizations with a goal of creating a better life for Indiana’s citizens, particularly those who have become victims of domestic violence. She currently serves as the president of the board for the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and serves as chair for the organization’s Resource Development and Public Relations Committee. Juli is also working with the executive director of the Julian Center to create a young professionals’ group to raise awareness about domestic violence issues among the community’s future leaders. Juli has volunteered for several other organizations in the community as well, including serving as a Special Assignment Ambassador for the 2012 Indianapolis Super Bowl XLVI Host Committee.
Representative Cases and Achievements
- Defended regional construction company in trial and appellate courts against negligence claim based on a severe injury that allegedly occurred on a jobsite in Tennessee where the client was the general contractor. Resulted in published opinion by the Indiana Court of Appeals addressing issues regarding choice of law, worker’s compensation and tort immunity. Reynosa v. Pedcor Construction Corp., et al., 938 N.E.2d 809 (Ind. Ct. App. 2010), transfer denied, 950 N.E.2d 1208 (Ind. 2011).
- Defended national forging supplier in federal jury trial involving alleged misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Defended regional servicer of coordinate measuring machines in AAA arbitration with more than $1 million in dispute.
- Represented international pharmaceutical company in mass tort involving over 200 cases, including a multi-district litigation, numerous state court actions, and appeals to the Sixth Circuit.
- Represented international distributor of children's products in multidistrict litigation involving putative nationwide class actions alleging the presence of bisphenol-A in baby bottles.
- Represented international distributor of children's products in multidistrict litigation involving multiple putative nationwide class actions alleging elevated levels of lead in toys and asserting claims for negligence, strict liability, breach of express and implied warranties, consumer fraud, and violation of federal regulatory statutes.
- Represented international distributor in putative nationwide class actions alleging elevated levels of lead in breast pump bags.
- Defended international manufacturer of children's products in products liability actions related to a putative class action but alleging injury.
- Defended regional construction company against negligence claim related to injury on Indiana jobsite.
- Advised national equipment manufacturer on pre-suit matters and litigation avoidance. Represented client at site and artifact inspections.
- Harlene Bartlett Award (for outstanding service to families affected by domestic violence), 2009
- Indiana Law Review, 2001 – 2003
- Order of Barristers, 2001
- G. Kent Frandsen Memorial Scholar, 2000 – 2003
- Rhodes Scholar Semi-Finalist, Indiana, 2000
- Phi Beta Kappa, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- IBA Women in Law Division’s Mentoring Program, 2012 – present
- Sagamore American Inn Of Court, Associate, 2009 – 2011
- Indianapolis American Inn Of Court, Associate, 2003 – 2006
- Ice Miller LLP, 2007 – 2013
- McTurnan & Turner, 2004 – 2007
- Chief Justice Randall T. Shepard, Indiana Supreme Court, Judicial Clerk, 2003 – 2004
- Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence, President of the Board and Chair of the Resource Development and Public Relations Committee
- United Way of Central Indiana's Executive Women's Leadership Program, Participant and Service Project Steering Committee Member
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- 2012 Indianapolis Super Bowl XLVI Host Committee, Special Assignment Ambassador
- The Julian Center, Volunteer
- Protective Order Pro Bono Project, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Indianapolis Bar Association’s Ask a Lawyer Program, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Indiana State Bar Association’s Talk to a Lawyer Program, Pro Bono Volunteer
Contributions & Published Works
- "2011 Brings Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice to Food Companies Defending Class Actions," Ice Miller E-Newsletter, February 2011
- "Emerging Trends in Class Action Lawsuits Against Food Manufacturers," Ice Miller E-Newsletter, January 2010
- "Risk Management Issues In Volunteer Selection and Recruitment," Indiana Association of Senior Corps Directors' Fall Conference, Nov. 5, 2008
Purdue University, B.A., Political Science and Journalistic Communication, with Highest Distinction, 2000
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
U.S. District Court - Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court - Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois