Justin is a member of the Economic Development Department in the Indianapolis office. He assists clients with a broad range of legal issues in the areas of real estate, corporate and government services. He focuses his practice on site selection and the procurement, negotiation, compliance and administration of tax credits, grants and economic development incentives for corporate clients locating or expanding their businesses. Such incentives have included, among others, Economic Development for a Growing Economy (EDGE) tax credits, tax increment finance bonds and tax abatement. He works with clients to develop creative financing structures and build strategic partnerships across the public and private sectors. He also assists client with alcohol permit matters before the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission.
Prior to joining BGD, Justin was Senior Manager and Counsel with the Indiana Economic Development Corporation. He also previously served as Program Director in the Department of Government Efficiency and Financial Planning with the Office of Management and Budget in Indianapolis.
Justin has extensive federal government experience in Washington DC in both the legislative and executive branches. He served on the staff of the Subcommittee on Trade in the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Ways and Means and as an aide to the Deputy U.S. Trade Representative in the Office of United States Trade Representative.
He earned his J.D. from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2015 where he received both the Corporate and Commercial Law and International and Comparative Law Graduate Certificates. He received his Bachelor of Arts degrees in Government and Psychology from the College of William and Mary in 2006.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation, 2013-2017
- Department of Government Efficiency and Financial Planning, Office of Management and Budget, 2011-2013
- Subcommittee on Trade, House of Representatives Committee on Ways & Means, 2009-2011
- Office of United States Trade Representative, Executive Office of the President, 2007-2009
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Indiana Leadership Forum, Class of 2018
- American Cancer Society, Discovery Ball Council of Ambassadors and Extramural Research Stakeholder
- Methodist Health Foundation Inspiring Leaders Program, Class of 2016
- 24 Foundation Board of Directors and the Board Chair of 24 Indianapolis Board of Managers
Contributions & Published Works
"Opportunity Knocks: How You and Your Client Can Take Advantage of Opportunity Zones," USLAW Magazine, Spring 2019, Co-Author
- Central Indiana Will Experience a Boom in Skilled Tech Talent. Is Your Company Ready to Capitalize on It?07.02.2018
- Firm Client Roosevelt IN LLC Secures Over $3.5M in Industrial Recovery Tax Credits from the Indiana Economic Development Corporation02.08.2018
- "Legal Issues for Software Contracts," Launch Indy, Presenter, Indianapolis, IN, February, 20, 2019
College of William and Mary, B.A., Government & Psychology, cum laude, 2006
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2015
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2016
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2016