For more than 20 years, Keith Bice has closed deals and opened doors to new opportunities for his clients. Keith serves as counsel to privately-held businesses and lending institutions with a focus on understanding and advancing not only the legal issues involved in a transaction, but also understanding the client’s true goals and objectives. That is why Keith and the attorneys at BGD have turned closing a single deal into lasting client relationships.
Keith often serves as outside general counsel for privately held businesses based in the Midwest. He works with business leaders to identify and solve problems, define business strategy, and provide answers for whatever legal or business issues arise. As the son of a small business owner, he recognizes what businesses need to do in order to grow and evolve.
Keith’s work also includes real estate and corporate commercial lending transactions for banks and insurance companies of various sizes. Keith closes numerous loans per year and helps clients manage loan portfolios worth several billion dollars.
He works closely with his clients so he can develop a strong understanding of their business needs. Keith draws on his depth of experience to propose innovative methods to achieve the client’s business goals.
Keith has a long history of leadership at BGD, where he has practiced his entire career. He currently is one of six members of the firm’s Partnership Board. He previously served as co-chair of the Business Services Department, leading the group’s attorneys as they anticipated the needs of each business client and prepared a course of action to help each client meet those needs.
As a member of the firm’s Governance Committee, Keith helped to design the firm’s current governance structure. While he was a member of the Strategic Planning Committee, he was involved in the decision for legacy firms Bingham McHale and Greenebaum Doll & McDonald to merge. His leadership within the firm began early, serving on the Associates Committee, which is tasked with attorney development, education and mentoring.
Attracting, training and developing attorneys has always been important to Keith. He recognizes that mentoring plays an important role in the development and growth of attorneys and their practices. He wants attorneys at BGD to succeed and makes himself available to answer questions or provide valuable feedback.
He serves on the board of directors of the Indiana Repertory Theatre, and previously served in leadership positions with Circle Area Community Development Corporation, Catholic Charities, and the Indianapolis Children’s Museum. Keith is a past-president of the St. Luke Catholic School Commission.
Keith and his wife, Heather, have three children ranging in age from 16 to 20. The family enjoys traveling, and he can often be found at his children’s sporting events or dance competitions.
Representative Cases and Achievements
- Represented MetLife Agribusiness in closing a $250 million deal in 2018 involving freezer facilities in seven states.
- Represents a national insurance provider and manages a loan portfolio worth in excess of $XX. Oversees 30 – 40 loan transactions on behalf of the client per year.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rated
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, 2016-2020; and Corporate Law, 2015-2020
- Selected for inclusion in the Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2009-2012
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Indiana State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property Section
- Indiana Repertory Theatre, January, 2017 - Present
- Circle Area Community Development Corporation, 2009-Present
- St. Luke Catholic School Commission, Board Member, 2001 - 2007; President, 2005-2006
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Murphy-McClamroch St. Patrick’s Day Benefit for the Holy Family Shelter, Steering Committee Chair
- Better Business Bureau Legal Line, Coordinator, 2005-2009
- Notre Dame Club of Indianapolis
Contributions & Published Works
- Eleven Bingham Greenebaum Doll Attorneys Named 2018 "Lawyers of the Year" in the 24th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©08.15.2017
- Eight BGD Attorneys Named 2017 “Lawyers of the Year” in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©08.15.2016
Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP Indianapolis Office
10 West Market Street
2700 Market Tower
Indianapolis, IN 4620405.06.2015
Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP
- "Entity Selection & Formation," Purdue University, November 2017
- Butler University, B.A., cum laude, 1995
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1998
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1998