Leslie M. Smith is Co-Chair of the firm's Women's Forum and a member of the Business Services Department, where she concentrates her practice in finance, corporate law and real estate. In her finance practice, Leslie often structures complex transactions on behalf of both borrowers and lenders. She prepares and negotiates loan agreements, promissory notes, guarantees, indemnification agreements, mortgages, pledge agreements and other security instruments, corporate authorizations and certificates, intercreditor agreements and other ancillary documents related to loan transactions and collateral for loans. In addition, Leslie reviews, analyzes and advises clients with regard to due diligence matters, including title commitments and underlying documentation, surveys, leases, SNDAs and Estoppels, lien perfection and priority and other related matters. Post-closing, Leslie also provides counsel regarding loan default issues, indemnification claims and other issues relating to impaired collateral.
Leslie also serves as outside general counsel for corporate clients. Leslie handles a broad array of day-to-day legal matters, including preparing and negotiating a wide range of agreements in connection with commercial transactions and corporate activities, including service agreements, real estate and equipment lease agreements, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements and license agreements.
In her real estate practice, Leslie prepares, reviews and negotiates purchase agreements, conveyance documents, leases, easements and other ancillary documents in connection with various commercial real estate matters.
Leslie received her law degree from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2011. She earned her undergraduate degree from George Mason University in 2004.
Representative Cases and Achievements
- Represents lender in connection with multiple finance transactions in excess of $50,000,000 annually
- Represented lender in connection with a HUD Section 108 loan in excess of $6,500,000
- Represented borrower in connection with a $120,000,000 senior construction loan secured by multiple project locations in the healthcare industry
- Represented borrower in connection with a $15,000,000 mezzanine credit facility secured by multiple project locations in the healthcare industry
- Represented seller in connection with the sale of 10 properties for a total of over $88,000,000 in the healthcare industry
- Represented client in connection with the purchase and sale of multiple properties in the aggregate of over $15,000,000
- Indy’s Best and Brightest – Top Ten Finalist in Law, 2017
- Dean’s List, Indiana University School of Law
- Robert S. Smith Memorial Scholarship
- John J. Dillon Memorial Scholarship
- Indianapolis Law Alumni Scholarship
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indianapolis Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (IndyCREW)
- Price, Waicukauski, Riley & DeBrota, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Wilcox & Savage, Norfolk, Virginia
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Washington, D. C.
- Shearman & Sterling, Washington, D. C.
- Impact 100, 2012-2013
- IndyCREW, UCREW Committee Chair, 2015-2016
- IndyCREW, Events Committee Chair, 2018
- IndyCREW, Board of Directors, 2019
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Indiana – Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Team Captain and Volunteer 2011-Present
- Sandpiper Lakes Homeowners Association, President 2007-2009
- Junior Achievement Names BGD Attorney Leslie Smith as a 2017 Indy's Best and Brightest Awards Finalist10.04.2017
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll Named “Kentucky Mid-Market Business Law Firm of the Year” at ACQ Global Awards 201506.18.2015
IndyBar Education Center
135 N. Pennsylvania St.
Indianapolis, IN 4620403.27.2015
George Mason University, B.A., Sociology, 2004
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2011