Mary is experienced in all aspects of real estate development, zoning and planning law, as well as government services and is the former chair of the firm's Real Estate practice group. She is a 1982 graduate of Indiana University School of Law and was admitted to the Indiana Bar that same year. She earned her undergraduate degree from Indiana University in 1978.
Mary routinely represents private sector and government entity clients in a wide range of areas ranging from real estate acquisition, redevelopment and local incentives to procurement and land use. She has worked on behalf of developers of renewable energy projects (particularly wind and solar), assisting with land use approvals, lease negotiations and economic incentives for energy projects. She has extensive experience representing developers of office, industrial and retail projects. She also serves as General Counsel to the Capital Improvement Board of Managers of Marion County, Indiana.
Representative Cases and Achievements
- Counsel to real estate clients regarding negotiation of development incentives, including tax abatement and TIF, throughout the state of Indiana.
- Entitlement counsel to renewable energy developments.
- Routinely appears before public bodies and other stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in drafting and negotiation of project agreements for development and redevelopment of property.
- Strategic real estate counsel to clients regarding land acquisition, development and disposition.
- Served as Receiver for apartment units and office buildings.
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of Real Estate, 2011-2014, 2018-2019
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2007-2019, in the fields of Land Use & Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use & Zoning, and Real Estate Law
- Selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition of the Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™
- Indiana Lawyer Leadership in Law program - Distinguished Barrister, 2012
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers® in the field of Real Estate, 2004 - 2012
- Indianapolis Business Journal, 40 Under 40 and Who’s Who in Commercial Real Estate
- Sagamore of the Wabash (from Gov. Evan Bayh)
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- National Association of Industrial & Office Properties
- Urban Land Institute
- Planner, City of Indianapolis, Department of Metropolitan Development, 1979-1981
- Urban Land Institute - Advisory Committee, Central Indiana Council of Elected Officials; Speakers Bureau, Women's Leadership Initiative
- United Hope Foundation
- Indianapolis Art Center
- Volunteers of America
- Wellness Community, Chair
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Board of Directors, Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Indianapolis Public Schools Howe Academy Mentoring Program
Contributions & Published Works
- "Land-use linchpin: Bingham Greenebaum partner Mary Solada frequently a key player in zoning disputes," By Scott Olson, Indianapolis Business Journal, Aug. 8, 2015
- "The Fiscal Cliff In Depth," Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP, January 2013
- Indiana Court of Appeals Affirms Expanded Authority of Local Zoning Boards to Interpret Zoning Ordinances02.22.2017
- What Indianapolis Can Learn about Tax Increment Financing From Nashville, the Nation’s Newest $100 Billion City06.19.2015
- Recent Indiana Court of Appeals Ruling Affirms Plan Commission’s Authority to Make Own Planning Decisions06.09.2015
- The Best of Bingham: The Indiana Lawyer recognizes Mary Solada and Meg Christensen as Leaders in the Law05.21.2012
- Eleven Bingham Greenebaum Doll Attorneys Named 2018 "Lawyers of the Year" in the 24th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©08.15.2017
- Chambers USA 2017, 06.08.2017
- Eight BGD Attorneys Named 2017 “Lawyers of the Year” in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©08.15.2016
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll Named “Kentucky Mid-Market Business Law Firm of the Year” at ACQ Global Awards 201506.18.2015
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll Names Managing Partners for Indianapolis, Louisville, Lexington and Cincinnati; Announces Management Committee01.19.2012
Indiana University, B.S., Finance, with high distinction, 1978
Indiana University School of Law, J.D., 1982
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 1982