With more than 40 years of experience and exceptional transaction skills, Michael served, until recently, as General Counsel to the firm. In addition to his real estate practice, Michael represents creditors, debtors, buyers and sellers in insolvency planning, workouts and business bankruptcies. Since 1984, he has been involved in most of Bingham Greenebaum Doll's larger bankruptcy cases.
- Recognized in the Kentucky Super Lawyers® lists, 2010-2017
- Listed in Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of Real Estate - Kentucky, 2008-2010
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Real Estate Law for over 30 years
- Listed in Who's Who in American Law, Marquis Who's Who, since 1992
- Recipient, B'nai B'rith Person of the Year Award, 1988
- Recipient, Louis G. Cole Young Leadership Award, 1981
- Beta Gamma Sigma, National Business Administration Honorary Society
- Pi Gamma Mu, National Social Science Honorary Society
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Section of Real Estate Property Probate and Trust Law, Business Law and Law Practice Management)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Director and General Counsel, Venture Club of Louisville
- Director and Executive Committee Member, Jewish Community Federation of Louisville, Inc.
- Member, YMCA Safe Place Services Advisory Board
- Leadership Kentucky, 1996 Graduate
- Focus Louisville, 1994 Graduate
- Past President, Jewish Community Federation of Louisville, Inc.
- Past Chairman, Foundation For Planned Giving, Jewish Community Federation of Louisville, Inc.
- Past President, Louisville Hebrew Home, Inc.
- Past President, Louisville Lodge No. 14 B'nai B'rith
Contributions & Published Works
- Co-Author, Kentucky Real Estate Law and Practice, Third Edition, Chapter 10 "Opinion Letters" (UK/CLE 2007)
- Co-Author, Real Estate Practice Handbook, Chapter 9 "Opinion Letters," (UK/CLE 1990)
- "Problems in Professional Responsibility Engendered by the Effects of Technology," University of Kentucky College of Law 6th Biennial Real Estate Law and Practice Institute, Lecturer, 1998
- "Opinions of Counsel in Real Estate Transactions," Office of Continuing Legal Education, University of Kentucky College of Law Seminar on Real Estate Law and Practice, Lecturer, 1996
- "Procuring and Insuring Free and Clear Title," National Business Institute, Inc., Seminar on Advanced Real Estate Law in Kentucky, Lecturer, 1991
- "Opinions of Counsel in Real Estate Transactions" Office of Continuing Legal Education, University of Kentucky College of Law Seminar on Real Estate Law and Practice, Lecturer, 1988
- "Current Issues in Office Automation," Louisville Bar Association Seminar on Current Issues in Law Office Management, Lecturer, 1986
- "Security Interest Requirements for Special Types of Collateral," Professional Bank Services, Inc., Seminar on Loans and Deposits, Lecturer, 1983-1984
- 19 Greenebaum Attorneys Named to 2010 Edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business06.11.2010
- 27 Greenebaum Attorneys Named to 2009 Edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business06.19.2009
- 28 Greenebaum Attorneys Named to 2008 Edition of Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business06.13.2008
University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Finance and Economics, B.S., with highest honors, 1963
Harvard Law School, J.D., 1966
Bar & Court Admissions
U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 1966
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1999