Michael J. Holtz is a member of the Corporate Services Department and the Beverage Alcohol Team. Since joining Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP, Michael has concentrated his practice in mergers, acquisitions and other corporate and commercial matters; company formation and liquidations; and economic incentives.
He frequently works on behalf of clients in the distilled spirits and restaurant industries, assisting with alcoholic beverage licensure and local, state and federal regulatory matters. Michael also works closely with clients to develop strategies for compliance obligations, and has been involved with immigration petitions and applications for multiple manufacturing companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael served as a senior legal analyst for Altria Client Services, Inc. in Washington, D.C., where he provided in-house counsel on a variety of government affairs and political law compliance matters.
- Administrative Law Review, Member
- American Bar Association; Member, Business Law Section; Member, Health Law Section
- Circuit Court of Jefferson County, Staff Attorney, 2013-2014
- Altria Client Services, Inc., Senior Legal Analyst, 2010-2012
- Altria Client Services, Inc., Legal Intern, 2008-2012
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Law Clerk, 2006-2007
- Presenter, "Bourbonomics," 2018 Indy Bench & Bar Conference
Indiana University, B.S., Public Policy, 2005
American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Kentucky, 2014
New York, 2011