Morgan is a member of the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group where she assists with matters involving employee discipline and termination, discrimination claims, wage disputes, union collective bargain agreements, and other employment-related matters.
Prior to joining BGD full time, Morgan worked as a Summer Associate for BGD in 2015. In 2014, she served as a summer law clerk in the U.S. Attorneys Office in Louisville.
Morgan earned her J.D. from Indiana University Maurer School of Law, graduating magna cum laude in 2016. She also graduated summa cum laude from DePauw University in 2013, with a degree in sociology. While at DePauw, Morgan explored her interest in the legal system through her senior thesis on theoretical and practical approaches to juvenile restorative justice, which helped earn her the Paul C. Glick award from the sociology department.
As a law student, Morgan was a finalist in the Sherman Minton Moot Court competition, where she also received honors in oral advocacy and brief writing. She served on the Indiana Journal of Law and Social Equity as an associate and as a notes editor. She was a member of the Office of Career and Professional Development Student Advisory Committee, and she co-chaired the annual Women’s Law Caucus Auction, which raises thousands for victims of domestic violence.
- Order of the Coif
- Greene-Bealer Fellowship
- Paul C. Glick Award
- Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Women’s Law Caucus Auction, co-chair
- Inmate Legal Assistance Program, volunteer
- Organization for Legal Literacy
Contributions & Published Works
- "Employers, labor lawyers left hanging as judge blocks OT rule," The Indiana Lawyer (2016).
- “Bring Your Own Device” Policies Also Bring Complications in Workplace Sexual Harassment Lawsuits," Note, Indiana Journal of Law and Social Equality: Vol. 4: Iss. 2, Art. 4 (2016).
DePauw University, B.A., Sociology, summa cum laude, 2013
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, summa cum laude, J.D., 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- Kentucky, 2016