Patrick Sims is a member of the firm’s Corporate Services Department where he focuses on business law matters involving business organization and general business and corporate transactions.
Patrick has experience counseling bank senior management on matters including business law, compliance, operations, collections, and lending. He has assisted in the negotiation, drafting, and review of corporate documents and contracts, including complex bank product and vendor contracts. He has experience related to the evaluation of compliance issues and concerns, and has counseled bank executives and other internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with law, rules, and regulations.
Prior to joining BGD, Patrick served as compliance officer and staff attorney for a financial institution that provides banking services in Indiana and Illinois.
Patrick earned his J.D. from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, and his undergraduate degree from Indiana University. As a law student, he was recognized for his commitment to community involvement with the Norman Lefstein Award of Excellence – Gold Level for pro bono service.
- Norman Lefstein Award of Excellence – Gold Level for pro bono service, 2012
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- First Financial Bank, N.A., Staff Attorney and Compliance Officer, 2012-2016
- Marion County Public Defender Agency, Certified Legal Intern, 2011
- Collignon & Dietrick, P.C., Law Clerk, 2010
- Professor Eric Dannenmaier, Environmental Law Research Assistant, 2010
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Chances and Services for Youth 2014
- Swope Art Museum 2014
Indiana University, B.A., English, 2007
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2012
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2012
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2012
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2012