Peter is a member of the Firm’s Labor and Employment practice group, where he represents management interests in virtually all aspects of the employment relationship. Peter counsels employers with respect to the hiring process, discipline and separation of employees and, when necessary, provides legal representation in connection with litigated disputes. He is experienced in counseling employers in matters related to, among other things, noncompetition agreements, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, and state and federal wage/hour laws.
Peter represents employers in a wide variety of matters before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and in arbitration. He has been named a Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” in the Employment & Labor category for his employer-defense work from 2012-2018. He also has been recognized in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Employment Law - Management.
He is admitted to practice in the State of Indiana, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, the Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois, the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, and the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Peter also has represented clients in numerous other jurisdictions including: Alabama, Arizona, Connecticut, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Selected for inclusion in the Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2012-2019
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Employment Law - Management, 2019
- Order of the Barristers
- Mitzi H. Martin Moot Court Award for Top oral advocate for the opening rounds of the Intramural Moot Court Competition
- Moot Court Board Associate Justice, 2009-2010
- Indiana Law Review Volume 24, Executive Articles Editor
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Edelweiss Center Board of Directors, Secretary and Chairman of the Audit Committee, 2010-2012
Contributions & Published Works
"In Labor Arbitration Class Action, 7th Circuit Asks, What Happens Next?" contributor,
The Indiana Lawyer, November 28, 2018
• Loyola University Chicago, B.A., Communication, 2006
• Robert H. McKinney School of Law: Indiana University, magna cum laude, J.D., 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin