Matt is an attorney in the firm’s Corporate and Transactional Department. He focuses on advising clients on business, regulatory and finance matters, including mergers and acquisitions. He also has experience with Employee Stock Ownership Plans.
Matt has served in numerous leadership positions, including Chairman, President and CEO, for multiple high profile companies. His achievements in these roles exhibits an understanding of complex business models and an ability to lead companies to a path of growth. This experience covers a wide range of industries including the healthcare, financial services, and healthcare finance sectors. His leadership roles have encompassed insurance acquisitions, healthcare finance, venture capital and diagnostic services for healthcare.
In the community, Matt has served on the Board of Governors of the Riley Children’s Foundation where he was chairman of the first-ever Capital Campaign of Riley, raising over $200 million for Indiana’s pediatric hospital. He also serves on the board of the Fairbanks Addiction Treatment Centers, among others.
Matt received his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, in 1980 from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law after receiving his Bachelor of Arts in English, summa cum laude, from DePauw University in 1977.
Glenn Peters Fellow, Indiana University School of Law
- Creekside Strategies, LLC (healthcare, strategy and finance consulting); President/CEO
- AIT Laboratories, Inc. (toxicology lab, ESOP-owned); Chairman, President and CEO
- CHV Capital (venture capital subsidiary of Indiana University Health); President and CEO
- Senex Financial Corp. (healthcare finance firm); Chairman, President and CEO
- Circle Investors, Inc. (acquiror of 4 life insurance companies); President and CEO
- Deputy to the Chairman, Federal Housing Finance Board, Washington, D.C.
- Baker & Daniels LLP; Chairman, Banking Group
- Chondrial Therapeutics, LLC, former member, Board of Directors
- Unified Financial Services, former member, Board of Directors; Chairman, Audit Committee
- Chairman of the Board, Hotel Tango Whiskey, LLC
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Riley Children’s Foundation, Board of Governors, Chairman of Capital Campaign
- Fairbanks Addiction Treatment Center, Board Member
Contributions & Published Works
"More lessons learned from the Theranos debacle," Indianapolis Business Journal, October 5, 2018.
- Indianapolis Business Journal, 05.31.2018
- "Startup Funding," Launch Indy, Presenter, Indianapolis, IN, March, 22, 2018
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1977-1980. Executive Editor, Indiana Law Review.
DePauw University, B.A., English, summa cum laude, 1973-1977. Phi Beta Kappa.
Harvard University Negotiation Project
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, S.D. Ind.
- U.S. Supreme Court
Negotiation, Harvard University