Rachel A. Washburn is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department where she advises and represents clients in matters involving general business litigation.
Prior to joining BGD, Rachel served as a Summer Associate in the Lasting Solutions Program for Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, where she drafted documents including petitions, motions, notice of hearings, subpoenas and interrogatories. She also was an intern for the Vanderburgh County Circuit Court.
Rachel earned her J.D. from Washington University School of Law and her undergraduate from University of Southern Indiana. As a law student, she was a member of the Women’s Law Caucus, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, and a member of Phi Alpha Delta Law. Rachel also served as staff editor of the Washington University Jurisprudence Review.
As an undergraduate, Rachel was the recipient of the Non-Resident Top Scholar Award and the Philosophy Recognition Award. She also received the Brooks Inn of Court Pre-Law Scholarship, the USA Alumni Association Scholarship and the Barbara & Howard Trockman Scholarship for her outstanding academic record and excellence.
- Scholar in Law Award
- Outstanding Brief
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Ethics Seminar
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Practical Legal Writing and Analysis for Litigators
- Academic Excellence Award
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Moot Court
- Phi Alpha Delta Law
- Washington University Jurisprudence Review, Staff Editor
- Summer Associate, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, 2014-2016
- Summer Associate, Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP, 2015
- Legal Extern, Missouri Court of Appeals – Western District, 2014
- Legal Intern, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri – Lasting Solutions, 2014
- Intern, Vanderburgh County Circuit Court, 2011
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Play-Spaces, volunteer
Contributions & Published Works
- Freedom of Marriage: An Analysis of Positive and Negative Rights, 8 Wash. U. Jur. Rev. 087 (2015).
University of Southern Indiana, B.S., Political Science, Philosophy, 2012
Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- Kentucky, 2016
Kentucky Supreme Court, 2016