Rosmond Dolen is a member of the firm's Economic Development Department and focuses her practice on healthcare compliance matters, including insurance regulatory issues, licensing, state mandates, provider network administration and contracting issues, and claims and advertising compliance. Her practice also includes corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and other commercial transaction matters.
Rosmond has substantial experience in government and regulatory affairs, with particular emphasis on healthcare matters, including Medicaid and Medicare government programs. She began her career working in-house for Medicaid Managed Care Organizations. As an executive, she was responsible for regulatory and compliance efforts during the transition of fee-for-service Medicaid to managed Medicaid in Kentucky in 2011. She managed vendor relationships, external quality review audits, market conduct examinations, administrative hearings processes and served as a primary liaison to government agencies.
Representing a wide array of private sector clients on deals ranging in value from tens of thousands to over one hundred million dollars, Rosmond’s clients turn to her to help them solve complex business law or government-related matters, including providing representation before multiple government agencies and at the Kentucky General Assembly, where she is a registered lobbyist.
Most recently, Rosmond represented the Kentucky Association of Health Plans and served as the Executive Director, leading advocacy efforts on behalf of Kentucky’s commercial insurers and Medicaid Managed Care Organizations. She continues to serve as a resource to state and local legislators, regulators and other officials involved in the planning and development of laws and regulations which affect the health care delivery system.
- Book recognition for Constitutional Law I, 2002
- Senate recognition for strengthening legislative process in Kentucky, 2001
- Scholarship for Study in the Kentucky Legislature, 2001
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association, Health Law Section Chair
- Executive Director, Kentucky Association of Health Plans (KAHP)
- The Health Enterprises Network Healthcare Fellows, Class of 2016
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Board Member, Wellspring, 2018 - present
- Pro bono law clerk for the Kentucky Cabinet for Health Services Administrative Hearings Branch, 2003
Contributions & Published Works
- Co-Author, “State Health Information Exchange: Factors Shaping Sustainability and Value,” JHIM, Winter 2011
- Author, “Craigslist Suit Raises Red Flags,” UNITS Magazine, April 2006
- "Trends in State Medicaid Waivers," AHIP Institute & Expo, San Diego, CA, June 21, 2018
- Economic Development, Site Selection and Incentives
- Government Contract Procurement
- Health Care
- Health Care and Health Insurance Transactions
- Health Care Organizations
- Legislative Lobbying
- Licensure and Medical Staff Privileges
- Medicare and Medicaid Advice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Physician Hospital Alignment Strategies
- Regulation of Insurance and Managed Care
University of Louisville, B.A. History and Political Science, 2001
University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, J.D.
Bar & Court Admissions
District of Columbia
Pro Hac Vice to E.D. Louisiana 5th Circuit, 2006