Shannon Williams serves as Chief Legal Talent Officer of Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP. Shannon has more than 25 years of experience in attorney recruiting and professional development. She has held a broad range of leadership roles pertaining to legal recruitment and has extensive experience providing strategic counsel on diversity-related issues.
As Chief Legal Talent Officer, Shannon is responsible for helping build a high performance culture through focused recruitment, training, and retention of talented and diverse attorneys and professional staff. She is charged with linking the Firm’s overall strategic goals and objectives to the firm’s recruitment, retention, integration, and professional training and development for lawyers and staff. Shannon’s role is also focused on enhancing the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion and workplace flexibility.
Prior to joining the firm, Shannon served as the Director of Law School Recruiting and Diversity at Barnes & Thornburg LLP where she was responsible for law school and legal personnel recruiting. In her role, she directed the firm’s integration of diversity and inclusion efforts across 13 offices and 10 states and provided strategic counsel on diversity-related issues. Shannon has also previously served as the Director of Legal Talent Management at Carlton Fields. She was also the Manager of New Lawyer Hiring at Baker & Daniels LLP.
- Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (ALFDP), Member, 2014-Present
- The Association for Legal Career Professionals (NALP), Member,1989-Present
- Recruiting Committee, Member, 2006-Present
- Professional Development Committee, Member, 2003-Present
- Appointed Local Host & Planning Committee Member, Annual Education Conference, 2013
- Experienced Professionals Section, Co-Chair, 2012-2013
- Audit Committee, Appointed Member, 2011-2012
- Recruiting Section, Vice Chair, 2011-2012
- Nominating Committee, Elected Southeast Representative, 2010-2011
- Professional Development Consortium
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Director of Law School Recruiting and Diversity, 2014-2016
- Carlton Fields, Director of Legal Talent Management, 2007-2014
- Baker & Daniels LLP, Manager of New Lawyer Hiring, 2006-2007
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Director of Professional Development and Pro Bono Programs, 2000-2006
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Career Services Coordinator, 1989-1995
Indiana University, B.S. Public Affairs, 1999