Steve Novak serves as the Chief Information Officer of Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP. As the CIO, Steve oversees Information Technology, Litigation Support, Docketing, Records Management and Library Services.
Prior to joining BGD, Steve served as the Director of Legal Technology Operations at AbbVie Inc., Chief Technology Officer at Sidley Austin LLP and CIO at Kirkland and Ellis LLP, among other roles. In these prior positions, he aligned technology strategy and practices for global legal organizations in order to drive efficiency, business value and service delivery.
Additionally, Steve wrote and published several articles that focused on law firm technology strategy, global management and operational excellence. These articles have been included in numerous white papers, as well as in Inside the Minds, Technology Strategies for Law Firms, a guide that focuses on the strategies essential for successfully shaping the roles of today’s law firm technology leaders
Steve graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelor of Science in General Business and International Business Certification. He completed numerous industry workshops and seminars related to Leadership, Technology, and Project Management.
- International Legal Technology Association
- United Way Loaned Executive Program
- Cristo Rey High School Work Study Program Sponsor
- Michael J. Fox Parkinson Foundation
Contributions & Published Works
- Multiple articles included in Inside the Minds, Technology Strategies for Law Firms
- Featured in numerous publications: CIO Magazine, eWeek, Information Week
- “Mobility in the Legal Profession,” Thomson Reuters COO/CFO Forum.
Arizona State University, B.S., General Business and International Business Certification