Quint is a member of the Litigation Practice Group. He has appeared before numerous federal and state courts in both trial and appellate courts as well as many administrative agencies. Quint handles complex commercial litigation with a focus on health care law and administrative law, in particular telecommunications. Quint's practice also includes representation of public sector clients, primarily colleges and universities, in litigation of employment disputes involving constitutional claims. Quint has counseled numerous clients regarding Kentucky condemnation law and handled many actions brought pursuant to the Eminent Domain Act of Kentucky.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Civic and Charitable Involvement
- Stage One, Board of Directors, June of 1998 to June 2004, past President of the Board
- Louisville Backgammon Club, Board of Directors
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Administrative/Regulatory Law and Litigation - Antitrust, 2007-2017; Banking and Finance Law, 2013-2017; Communications Law, 2007-2012
- Selected for inclusion in Kentucky Super Lawyers® in the field of Health Care, 2009-2017
Representative Cases & Achievements
- Health care Law:
- Extensive litigation practice in state and federal courts involving a variety of issues for companies in the health care industry.
- Counsel for health care companies in litigation challenging legislative initiatives.
- Lead counsel for health care company in procurement litigation involving the award of the contract to be the Third Party Administrator for the State Employees Health Plan.
- Lead counsel in numerous actions concerning provider contracts in both civil actions and arbitrations, involving issues under the FAA.
- Extensive experience in matters involving the application of Any Willing Provider laws to provider contracts and the preemption of those laws in certain situations.
- Experience in a variety of administrative proceedings before the DOI, and other affiliated regulatory agencies, for CONs, rate filings, mergers and acquisitions and in proceedings seeking to clarify or reverse positions taken by the various regulatory authorities.
- Experience with the preemption of state law under the MMA, FEHBA and ERISA.
- Experience in litigation involving the interpretation and application of the CMS rules and regulation to providers in the MA Program.
- Experience in litigation involving Medicare Part D PDPs.
- Extensive experience representing clients in the pharmaceutical industry in the Average Wholesale Price litigation.
- Experience representing healthcare REIT in commercial litigation.
- Administrative Law:
- Extensive practice before the Public Service Commission primarily on behalf of utilities in the telecommunications industry.
- Extensive experience before numerous planning units and municipalities involving the authority and role of planning units in the siting of wireless communications facilities.
- Extensive experience in matters brought pursuant to the Telecommunications Act of 1996 for a variety of telecommunications companies.
- Additional experience before other state administrative bodies.
- Public Sector:
- Experience representing clients in the public sector in actions involving civil rights and state law claims in both federal and state courts, including extensive experience defending constitutional and 42 U.S.C. 1983 claims.
- Experienced in representing clients, primarily utilities, in negotiating franchise and other agreements with municipalities for use in the public right of way.
- Extensive experience in actions brought pursuant to the Eminent Domain Act of Kentucky, including damages permissible in such actions.
- Advice and counseling to clients regarding various antitrust concerns including manufacturer/dealer relationship, price discrimination and monopolization.
- Experienced in complex class action shareholder litigation involving federal and state securities laws.
- Experienced in litigation in state and federal courts on behalf of broker and brokerage house in actions brought by former clients.
- Represented brokerage house in federal courts and before the New York Stock Exchange in actions against former brokers to enforce non-solicitation agreements.