Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s attorneys offer unmatched experience providing expertise in the design and construction of large projects of all kinds, including office buildings, industrial and manufacturing facilities, sports arenas and various public-use projects, and we have extensive experience in the purchase, sale, leasing, development and financing of these projects. We also have comprehensive experience in the shopping center/retail sector and represent national, regional and local real estate developers in all aspects of the shopping center and retail industry. Our construction group can handle any aspect of a project from bid issues, contract drafting and review through completion, including claims and litigation.
Our attorneys are experienced in mortgage foreclosures, enforcement of mechanics’ liens, workouts and bankruptcy matters. We often act as local counsel to out-of-state law firms, lenders and investors regarding advice on the laws and procedures of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio. We have significant knowledge in title insurance matters; Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP is an authorized real estate title agent for various national title insurance companies, including First American Title Insurance Company.
Our real estate clients include developers, contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, homebuilders, shopping center and office building owners and operators, investors, tenants, department store owners and national and regional retailers. We also counsel real estate professionals such as brokers, contractors, architects and engineers and others directly involved in real estate development and construction in all aspects of construction-related contracting and litigation, including contract drafting and review, public bidding issues, bonding and insurance matters, permitting, bid disputes, OSHA and construction defect, delay and related construction litigation.
Our experience in development and construction projects include:
- Automobile and other manufacturing plants
- Suburban office projects
- Industrial parks
- Regional malls and shopping centers
- Multi-family developments, residential subdivisions
- Multi-use developments
- Downtown office buildings
- Public-private developments and redevelopment
- Wind energy farms and other renewable energy developments
- Horse farms
- Condominium development and conversions
- Professional sports stadiums
- Waste water treatment plants
- Industrial/manufacturing facilities
- Movie theatres and entertainment venues
- Electric generating facilities
Regardless of the project size, we work closely with our clients to anticipate potential problems, to find solutions to meet their needs and to counsel our clients from initial discussions regarding deal structure through project completion.
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP advised on real estate issues pertaining to the development of Edwardsport IGCC (coal gasification) plant, and our attorneys continue to represent them in real estate transactions throughout Indiana.
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP advised the design and construction of a new turkey processing facility in Vincennes, Ind., and the design and construction of a new feed mill facility in Bruceville, Ind., for Farbest Foods, Inc. Both projects are being delivered under a design-build project delivery system.
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP represented the Evansville Redevelopment Commission on all construction-related matters for the development, design and construction of Ford Center, a downtown multipurpose arena.
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP represents LOR Corporation, who is the owner of an existing urban site, which is currently under redevelopment with a midrise multi-use building.
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP represented the owner/developer of a new shopping center in Georgetown, Ky., May Commercial Group, in connection with financing of the project and negotiation of tenant leases, including leases with national tenants, with Qdoba and Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP represented E.ON Climate & Renewables regarding a four Indiana county wind energy redevelopment project. Our attorneys prepared and negotiated economic development agreements and worked with the client to obtain all necessary entitlements and permits.