The business of agriculture has been an integral part of the Midwest economy since the nineteenth century. Today the region’s agribusiness includes livestock production, commodity crops, energy, food processing and hardwoods. For decades, Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s attorneys have provided innovative and knowledgeable legal solutions to Midwest farm families and their businesses. We understand the unique needs, challenges and triumphs of the family farming business. Many of our attorneys come from farming families or are farmers themselves. We know that farming families strive to get stronger with each generation.
The 21st century has brought new dynamics to the business of agriculture. Farmers are now dealing with more complex issues including estate planning, ever-changing tax laws, environmental regulations, energy, supply chain, real estate and biotechnology. Our attorneys have the experience to deal with these issues.
Our attorneys are deeply connected to the agricultural community. We partner with local farmers and global suppliers, such as Tyson Foods, Cargill, Wabash Valley, Farbest Foods and Boarshead. We also help suppliers/wholesalers, including Consolidated Grain & Barge and Wabash Valley Produce, achieve their strategic business goals. We have been counsel to the Indiana State Poultry Association for over 20 years.
Our services include:
- Estate and succession planning
- Business transition and minimizing tax liability
- Contracts and vendor agreements
- Merger, financing and purchase transactions
- Environmental, utility and energy and fuels matters
- Labor and employment issues
- Commercial litigation
- Real estate, property tax and construction matters
- Intellectual property matters
- General corporate, creditor’s rights and regulatory matters