Bankruptcy and Restructuring
The attorneys in Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s bankruptcy and restructuring group have experience representing all of the major constituencies in bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court workouts, including debtors, committees, purchasers of distressed assets, trustees and creditors. Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s clients include large publicly traded companies as well as small businesses and individuals. The members of the bankruptcy and restructuring group have experience and accolades that differentiate them from their peers, and make Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP a premier firm for bankruptcy and restructuring work. Members of the group include a Past President of the American Bankruptcy Institute, a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, a former attorney at an Am Law 5 law firm, a former clerk for a bankruptcy judge, a former investment banker, and multiple attorneys who are regularly recognized for excellence by Super Lawyers®, The Best Lawyers in America® and other similar publications.
Specific examples of the types of matters that the attorneys in Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s bankruptcy and restructuring group have been engaged in, include:
- Representation of debtors in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representation of creditors committees in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representation of companies conducting corporate restructuring and out-of-court workouts.
- Representation of trustees and receivers.
- Representation of secured creditors in foreclosure actions, collection actions, guaranty litigation, and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advising lenders and creditors concerning financially troubled debtors regarding how to enhance their recovery and limit risk.
- Representation of parties purchasing assets from distressed companies in bankruptcy cases via section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code, or via non-bankruptcy proceedings.
- Negotiating, structuring and documenting debtor-in-possession financing arrangements.
- Litigating avoidance actions (i.e., preference and fraudulent conveyance matters) and disputes regarding lender liability and/or equitable subordination of claims.
- Advising owners, officers and directors of their obligations and duties involving financially troubled entities.
In addition, the members of the bankruptcy and restructuring group coordinate with the firm's experienced attorneys in numerous other areas including securities, transactional, tax and partnership, finance, litigation, environmental law, labor and other practice areas.
Represented creditors committee in chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of two industrial companies with low 8 figures of debt. Negotiated for terms in confirmed plan of reorganization that provided payment of ...
Represented stalking horse purchase in successful acquisition of a division of the debtor’s company via section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Represented stalking horse purchase in successful acquisition of the debtor’s manufacturing facility via section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Represented creditor with seven figure unsecured claim in successful negotiations to be named a critical vendor and to negotiate even better trade terms with the debtors than existed before the ...
Represented ad hoc committee of judgment creditors in successfully breaking-up proposed restructuring seemingly for the benefit of insiders, and successfully advocated for conversion of case to ...
Represented creditors committee in chapter 11 bankruptcy case of coal companies with 8 figures of debt. Negotiated for sale of assets which included assumption of environmental obligations and for ...
Represented for petitioning creditors to commence involuntary chapter 11 bankruptcy case against putative debtor. Negotiated successful end to the case via mediation which restructured putative ...
Represented creditors committee in chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of regional tire sales company with 8 figures of debt. Negotiated for terms in confirmed plan of reorganization that provided payment of ...
- In re Equine Oxygen Therapy Resources, Inc. et al., Lead Chapter 7 Case No. 14-51611-GRS (Bankr. E.D. Ky.)
Represented two small businesses as chapter 7 debtors.
Represented debtor, owner/operator of a small hospital, in chapter 11 case with over nine figures of debt. Successfully negotiated and closed on sale of hospital, and successfully negotiated and ...