At Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP, we understand the importance of confidentiality, sensitivity and experience when it comes to estate planning. Our attorneys focus on the continued enforceability of estate planning documents and the successful transfer of wealth between generations.
We progressively counsel business owners, C-Suite executives and high net worth individuals on all aspects of estate planning. Our estate planning services include:
- Business succession/transfer planning
- Estate administration
- Health care planning
- Individual planning
- Probate and probate avoidance
Our basic estate planning services include wills, revocable trusts, powers of attorney, appointments of health care surrogates, and living will directives.
In cases of family businesses, we assist in creating agreements for the transfer of ownership and control, while often also providing for the economic benefit of non-participating family members.
We help our clients prepare to address unanticipated situations such as disability, the use of long-term care facilities and death of other family members. Our group monitors the ever-changing landscape of income, estate and gift tax laws, as well as state statutes, insurance products and health care options that can affect the execution of your estate plan.
- Court Finds No Violation of Public Policy Where Challenge to Trust Causes Minors to Forfeit Inheritance11.12.2018
- Three Things in Life are (or were) Certain: Estate planning after the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 201203.22.2013
- Maximizing Estate Tax Planning Through Annual Gifts, and Unlimited, Direct Gifts of Tuition and Medical Expenses02.01.2013
- Sixth Circuit finds an insurance company does not violate its ERISA fiduciary obligations by taking its business interests into account when negotiating hospital rates12.01.2011