BGD’s Construction Practice Group works with structuring construction projects and negotiating contract documents. Additionally, the Construction Practice Group represents clients in resolving disputes, whether through litigation or arbitration.
BGD’s Construction Practice Group works with owners (both public and private), general contractors, trade contractors and suppliers.
How We Help Our Clients
At the outset of a project, BGD’s construction team works with clients with respect to determining the appropriate project delivery method, as well as with bidding and negotiating contracts. BGD’s Construction Practice Group also assists public clients with procuring services and supplies, as well as with securing financing and insurance. As disputes arise on a project, the BGD team represents clients on claims for payment, delay claims, bid disputes and mechanic’s liens.
BGD’s Construction Practice group brings a wealth of experience to the table, having represented clients on some of the largest projects over the past 25 years in both Indiana and Kentucky, including office buildings, sports arenas, hospitals and industrial and manufacturing facilities.
- Construction counsel to the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board of Managers, which has been responsible for many of the Capitol City’s major buildings: Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis Convention Center, Lucas Oil Stadium, RCA Dome and Victory Field.
- Construction counsel to Becton Dickinson and Company with respect to the design and construction of a Regional Distribution Facility.
- Construction counsel to Medco Health Solutions of Indiana, LLC in drafting and negotiating Design/Build Agreement for pharmacy/distribution center.
- Represented Japanese company Sagawa in connection with the acquisition of, and construction of renovation to, a former Toyota industrial facility located in central Kentucky.
- Negotiated construction contracts and other agreements for a new $12 million Main Street showcase distillery owned by Heaven Hills Distillery. Additionally, our attorneys obtained land use approvals, negotiated a $10 million industrial revenue bond, assisted with leasing and planning issues and obtained state, local and federal tax credits (including historic tax credits) and other incentives.
- Negotiated design-build agreement on behalf of an owner for a new $70 million poultry cooking and packaging facility. In connection with this project, negotiated and integrated several separate agreements for the procurement and installation of various specialty equipment and systems.
- Negotiated design-build agreement on behalf of an owner for a new $55 million food processing facility.
- Construction counsel to healthcare system for multiple projects including the design and construction of new hospitals and renovations to existing facilities. The delivery of these projects will utilize different models including construction management (at risk) and integrated project delivery. Other features include Building Information Modeling (BIM) execution plans, Owner Controlled Insurance Program and lean construction practices.
- Eight BGD Attorneys Named 2017 “Lawyers of the Year” in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©08.15.2016
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll Partner Tandy C. Patrick Secures Auction Company for Sale of Howard Hardy House06.06.2013
- Bingham McHale Attorneys Adams, Dutton and Landreth Named Distinguished Fellows by Indianapolis Bar Foundation10.28.2011
- Tandy C. Patrick is on the "Host Committee" of the National Foundation for Women Legislators' 2007 Conference08.29.2007
- J. Mark Grundy Elected Secretary of the Kentucky Bar Association Construction and Public Contract Law Section08.01.2007
- Greenebaum Attorneys and Practice Groups are Ranked in 2007 Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business Client Guide07.23.2007
- Greenebaum Attorneys and Practice Groups Rank High in 2006 Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business Client Guide07.10.2006