Environmental Litigation and Toxic Tort Defense
Environmental problems are often complex, requiring experience, creativity and technical knowledge. Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s attorneys have decades of experience in counseling and defending clients with regard to virtually every kind of environmental issue. Our attorneys engage in a wide range of environmental litigation and dispute resolution including: permit appeal proceedings; actions to recover clean-up costs; governmental, administrative, civil and criminal enforcement actions; citizen suits and toxic tort claims.
“…highly regarded for its work in environmental cases…” – Chambers and Partners, 2016.
We have assisted manufacturers, financial institutions, nonprofit organizations, municipal governments, universities and individuals with all aspects of environmental regulations. Our attorneys have built their reputations serving clients in litigation matters in the areas of permitting, enforcement defense, insurance coverage disputes, toxic torts, CERCLA claims, asbestos, Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act actions, RCRA hazardous waste litigation, PCB contamination, and other environmental issues.
Whether our clients own a small business, operate a farm, manage environmental compliance for a Fortune 100 company, provide governmental services or are transferring real estate, we can help them tackle environmental legal issues.
Representative cases in environmental litigation include:
- Representation of clients in CERCLA actions throughout the region and involving various types of releases and hazardous substances.
- Defense of manufacturers in enforcement actions and putative class actions alleging air emissions and odors and common law claims of nuisance and trespass.
- Representation of an automotive manufacturer in cases involving air emissions.
- Representation of various manufacturers in defense of citizen suits claims for alleged violations of the Clean Air Act and in common law tort actions.
- Representation of companies and municipalities in defense of federal claims of violations of the Clean Water Act, as well as citizen suits under the Clean Water Act.
- Representation of a large oil company in obtaining the first ever defense verdict in a case involving alleged contamination from naturally-occurring radioactive material (NORM) on properties in an oilfield.
- Defense of claims arising from the releases of oil and chemicals.
- Representation of agricultural interests, including confined animal feeding operations, in defense of nuisance claims and permit challenges.
- Defense of various types of facilities with respect to enforcement actions under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
- Prosecution and defense of various types of permit challenges.
- 03.08.2018 - 03.09.2018