Providing value to our clients is the number one priority of Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s Federal tax attorneys. Our tax practice is nationally recognized, and tax has been a primary focus of the firm for generations. Our members are repeatedly listed under “Tax Law” and “Litigation and Controversy - Tax” in The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White). Our commitment to the profession is demonstrated as well: two of our attorneys are Fellows in the American College of Tax Counsel and one represents the Sixth Circuit on the Board of Regents; and our attorneys have served as Chairs of the Indiana, Kentucky and Louisville Bar Associations Tax Sections, Chairs of Regional Bar Liaison Meetings with the IRS and in a variety of capacities with the American Bar Association. They have also lectured and written extensively on numerous federal income tax topics, including twice before the United State Tax Court Judicial Conference.
We counsel individual and business clients in domestic and international transactions and in all phases of tax planning, compliance, controversy and litigation involving Federal laws and regulations. Our attorneys:
- Plan and structure acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, formations, financings, liquidations, and other transactions to obtain optimum business and tax results.
- Represent clients in Federal income, estate, gift, and excise tax audit controversies, including administrative appeals, settlement negotiations and litigation.
- Render individual and business tax planning advice relating to day-to-day matters involving income, deductions, availability of tax credits, tax computations, levies and collection matters, and officer liability for tax obligations.
- Prepare, review, and negotiate partnership agreements and limited liability company operating agreements.
- Prepare tax disclosures and opinions in private placements, public offerings and other securities-related transactions.
- Obtain private rulings from the IRS on various transactions.
- Counsel clients on compliance and administrative requirements.
We work closely with our clients to understand their tax needs and to help our clients develop tax plans to meet their business goals.
SALT Law Insights
- Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:00 pm
- Are Taxing Authorities Holding Your SALT Planning Captive? A Look at Captive Insurance Trends in State and Local Tax09.07.2013
- Three Things in Life are (or were) Certain: Estate planning after the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 201203.22.2013
- Maximizing Estate Tax Planning Through Annual Gifts, and Unlimited, Direct Gifts of Tuition and Medical Expenses02.01.2013