At Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP, our attorneys counsel employers and service providers on fiduciary responsibilities involved in administering employee benefits plans and investing assets associated with these plans. Our attorneys work with employee benefit plan administrators and fiduciaries to prevent regulatory hurdles from impeding business progress. We assist employers in complying with federal laws and regulations, such as:
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA).
We help employers and service providers who offer or work with employee benefits plans to fulfill their fiduciary and other responsibilities through a far-reaching range of legal services, including:
- Compliance with ERISA’s fiduciary requirements and prohibited transaction rules.
- Documentation of good fiduciary practices.
- Education of plan fiduciaries regarding service provider fees and disclosure requirements.
- Drafting or reviewing Investment Policy Statements, Committee Charters, qualified domestic relations order procedures, loan procedures and other governance documents.
- Requests for proposals for ERISA section 3(21) (investment advisor) or ERISA section 3(38) (investment manager) services.
- Requests for proposals for recordkeeping services.
- Reviewing fiduciary liability insurance coverage and bonding.
- Three Things in Life are (or were) Certain: Estate planning after the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 201203.22.2013
- Maximizing Estate Tax Planning Through Annual Gifts, and Unlimited, Direct Gifts of Tuition and Medical Expenses02.01.2013