With offices located in the heart of horse country, our attorneys have enjoyed the opportunity to participate in the equine industry, several of which are lifelong owners, breeders and exhibitors of horses and are involved in various equine industry organizations.
Our firm represents major racing and breeding entities throughout the U.S. and abroad. We provide a wide range of services on behalf of owners, trainers, jockeys, industry associations and other operators in connection with management of racing and breeding operations; employment issues arising in equine operations; insurance concerns; financing; and appearances before regulatory and administrative authorities. We also have extensive experience involving the formation of racing and breeding partnerships (both general and limited); incorporations, limited liability companies and syndications; tax planning; and advice and estate planning with regard to equine assets.
We provide clients the preparation of contracts such as:
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Stallion syndication agreements
- Boarding and breeding agreements
- Co-ownership agreements
- Foal sharing agreements
- Mare leasing agreements
- Transfers of ownership interests
- Training agreements
- Farm management
We also provide experience in civil litigation and dispute resolution relating to the ownership, boarding, breeding and sales of horses.
In addition, Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP has represented clients in connection with the acquisition and operation of race tracks, including issues related to licensing, simulcasting and other gaming regulations.
- Dentons, Bingham Greenebaum and Cohen & Grigsby approve combination in initial step toward creating the first truly national US law firm10.23.2019
- National, Local Media Cover Announcement of Bingham Greenebaum Doll’s Combination with Dentons, Cohen & Grigsby to Create US’ First National Law Firm10.21.2019
4201 Versailles Road
Lexington, KY 4051005.01.2013