The importance of creating, protecting and enforcing intellectual property has never been as important as it is today. With the ever-increasing pace of change, businesses must be constantly evolving, developing and adapting. The attorneys of Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP invest the time to understand your business environment and work closely with you to help you navigate your environment and ensure that your vital inventions, brands and creations are secure.
Whether you are a start-up or a Fortune 500 company, we have experience to assist you in a broad range of U.S. and international intellectual property law including patents, trade secrets, trademarks, service marks, company names, copyright, and domains. We help our clients strategically protect what makes their businesses unique, guide them through agreement negotiations, leverage assets through licensing, protect the confidentiality of trade secrets, and otherwise address intellectual property aspects of their businesses, whether conducted by traditional means, online or through connected devices. Our firm can also help you to understand the broader implications of intellectual property such as tax issues, labor, business planning, environmental law and more.
We also assist our clients in monitoring their intellectual property to identify any unauthorized activities and infringements. Our attorneys have experience protecting and defending intellectual property rights in the courts and before administrative tribunals such as the Board of Patent Appeals and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. We offer progressive solutions to help clients form and execute a long-term, integrated approach that protects and utilizes these interests, while staying focused on the client’s goals.
Our intellectual property practice includes:
- Copyright law
- Licensing and technology
- Patent law
- Trade secrets
- Trademark law
The BGD team represented a publishing company that worked with multiple authors to create written, video and artistic content for its books and associated online resources. BGD created a series of ...
The BGD team provides IP services for an international mining equipment company related to new inventions, including drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the U.S. and in many other ...
The BGD team represented OrthoPediatrics in defending against a patent infringement lawsuit in the Northern District of Texas. The accused devices related to orthopaedic devices and procedures used ...
The BGD team represented a start-up company that developed an invention for the equine industry. Our attorneys advised on technology agreements, trademarks and related business matters. We also ...
The BGD team represented a small game company and filed U.S. trademark applications on its behalf based on its use of its trademark on board games and its intent to use its mark on novels and short stories. ...
The BGD team represents leading research universities, including Purdue University, the University of Louisville, and Ball State University. We assist university technology transfer offices with ...
The BGD team represented a consumer products company in its defense of alleged design patent infringement. Our team reviewed the allegations, analyzed the cited patent references and their ...
- Chambers USA 2017, 06.08.2017
- Eight BGD Attorneys Named 2017 “Lawyers of the Year” in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©08.15.2016
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll Named IP Litigation Law Firm of the Year in Indiana and Kentucky; Corporate Tax Law Firm of the Year in Kentucky08.29.2013
- Greenebaum Ranked a “Top 100 Trademark Law Firm” by CSC’s Trademark Insider® 2009 Second Quarter Report11.30.2009
- Greenebaum Again Ranked A “Top 200 Trademark Law Firm” by CSC’s Trademark Insider® 2008 Annual Report07.06.2009
- Greenebaum Attorneys and Practice Groups Rank High in 2006 Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business Client Guide07.10.2006
- Ask an Attorney Anything: Summer Associate Myekeal Smith Talks Intellectual Property Law With Dan Boots
Ask an Attorney Anything: Summer Associate Myekeal Smith and Partner Dan Boots Talk Intellectual Property Law.
See how BGD attorneys helped Tell City Pretzels protect their Trademark.
- Trade Secret Joins Patent, Copyright and Trademark Under the Federal Protection Tent; Employee Agreements Also Impacted by New Trade Secret Law05.17.2016
- District Court in Sixth Circuit Determines $1.95 Million in Statutory Damages for Copyright Infringement is Not Unconstitutionally Excessive02.13.2014
- Supreme Court to Decide if Copyright Owner Has “Slept On Her Rights” When Copyright Claim Brought Within Statute of Limitations02.05.2014
- 10th Circuit Goes Where 7th Circuit Hasn’t Regarding Copyright Law’s “Continuing Violation” Doctrine01.22.2014
- Seventh Circuit Says Copyright Office Has Mandatory Role When Invalidating Registrations Based Upon Inaccurate Information11.05.2013
- Trade Secrets: Tips for Manufacturers When Hiring an Employee with Knowledge of a Competitor's Trade Secrets09.16.2010