Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s attorneys provide a wide variety of services to individuals and business entities in international transactions. Our attorneys have represented both domestic and foreign clients in multi national transactions. We represent a variety of foreign clients doing business in the United States. We also have extensive experience in counseling U.S. companies and individuals in their world wide investments and operations in Japan, China and the Asia Pacific Rim including Australia, as well as Western and Eastern Europe, Canada and Mexico.
The firm is a member of TerraLex®, an organization consisting of independent law firms strategically located throughout the world.
We work closely with our clients on the following international matters to help them meet their business goals.
- Joint ventures, marketing and distribution
- Export/import and customs
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Intellectual property
Representative clients and transactions include:
- Gallatin Steel Company. Created this U.S. joint venture of two Canadian companies, Dofasco Inc. and Costeel Inc. Negotiated contracts with suppliers in locations around the United States for such services as rail transportation and hazardous waste.
- CSC USA, Inc. Arranged the formation of this group of 54 Japanese companies and their U.S. joint venture in the tire casing import/export business. Negotiated arrangements between Japanese suppliers and this new company.
- Grupo Lajat. Represented this Mexican company in their acquisition of a garment company in the U.S.
- Louisville Forge & Gear, Inc. Negotiated the joint venture between this company and the Japanese company Aichi Steel.
- Sonera. Handled acquisition of Aerial Communications Inc. by Sonera, a fixed and mobile network operator with operations in Finland and other countries.
- Chi Chi’s International, Inc. International employment matters.
Tax Law Insights